Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA)
By U.S. ArmyJanuary 10, 2019
"The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act" (LEOSA) is a United States federal law, enacted in 2004, that allows two classes of persons - the "qualified Law Enforcement Officer" and the "qualified retired or separated Law Enforcement Officer" - to carry a concealed firearm in any jurisdiction in the United States or United States Territories, regardless of state or local laws, with certain exceptions.
To begin your application process, you must create an online LEOSA account. This can be done using the 'Login' menu located at the top of the page. Once you have created your account, you'll be prompted to complete and submit the LEOSA application, upload applicable materials, and make payment.
The 'Who Qualifies' section above can help you determine the application that you should complete. There is also a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page that may answer any questions related to the application process. Incomplete or incorrect applications will result in applicants being contacted and asked to provide additional information. If you are contacted regarding an incomplete application, you will have 60 days to correct and/or resubmit any missing or incorrectly filled out documentation."
- September 20, 2019Hawaii National Guard leads joint Gema Bhakti 2019
- September 18, 2019Army research uncovers law-like progression of weapons technologies--from a crossbowman to a tank
- September 17, 2019Army Cyber Partners with Unified Land Operations for Saber Junction 2019
- September 16, 2019Status of Forces Agreement: What is it and who is eligible
- September 13, 2019Educating allies on Nisei Soldiers' toughest fight-to be American
- September 12, 2019New state-of-the-art mobile radar arrives at Yuma Proving Ground
- September 12, 2019Uruguay military visits Connecticut Guard
- September 12, 2019Housing Town Halls Identify Solutions and Provide Progress Updates to Residents
- September 12, 2019Kentucky Depot improves munitions readiness with state-of-the-art shipping center
- September 12, 2019South Carolina National Guard prepares to respond to Dorian's impact
- September 12, 2019South Carolina National Guard prepares for Hurricane Dorian
- September 12, 2019WA Sec. of State and Tacoma Mayor celebrate Women's Equality at JBLM
- September 12, 2019National Guard Counterdrug Program celebrates 30 years
- September 12, 2019National Night Out builds stronger community bonds
- September 12, 2019Fort Knox Schools seeking applicants for vacant board seats