Japan Ground Self Defense Force official visits Yama Sakura 75
By Sgt. Erica EarlDecember 11, 2018
CAMP HIGASHI-CHITOSE, Japan-- The Director of Operations of the Joint Staff Office for the Japan Ground Self Defense Force, Lt. Gen. Atsushi Hikita, visited the Yama Sakura 75 exercise site at Camp Higashi-Chitose, Hokkaido, Japan, Dec. 11, 2018.
Hikita toured the joint facilities where the U.S. Army and Japan Northern Army are working together for the bilateral training exercise.
Yama Sakura brings the U.S. and Japanese forces together in a simulation of the defense of Japan to strengthen the alliance between the two Armies by sharing techniques, tactics and military experience.
- March 25, 2020Camp Zama Youth Center’s Keystone Club donates canned goods
- March 23, 2020Camp Zama’s new obstacle course provides Soldiers alternate PT option
- March 18, 2020Survivors find easier access to Army installations
- March 18, 2020Camp Zama housing inspectors ensure safe, clean, comfortable homes
- March 11, 2020Nine years later, Camp Zama Soldier reflects on taking part in 'Operation Tomodachi'
- March 5, 2020Zama Middle High School JROTC hosts cadet ball
- March 2, 2020Cobra Gold: Partner nations practice noncombatant evacuation operations
- February 28, 2020USAG Japan updates workers on coronavirus
- February 27, 2020Camp Zama Library displays dolls for Japan's Girls' Day celebration
- February 25, 2020Cobra Gold 20: Opening Ceremony