Japan Ground Self Defense Force official visits Yama Sakura 75
By Sgt. Erica EarlDecember 11, 2018
CAMP HIGASHI-CHITOSE, Japan-- The Director of Operations of the Joint Staff Office for the Japan Ground Self Defense Force, Lt. Gen. Atsushi Hikita, visited the Yama Sakura 75 exercise site at Camp Higashi-Chitose, Hokkaido, Japan, Dec. 11, 2018.
Hikita toured the joint facilities where the U.S. Army and Japan Northern Army are working together for the bilateral training exercise.
Yama Sakura brings the U.S. and Japanese forces together in a simulation of the defense of Japan to strengthen the alliance between the two Armies by sharing techniques, tactics and military experience.
- July 31, 2020Zama Middle High School counselor can help with COVID-19 stress, more
- July 24, 2020USARJ Best Warrior Competition challenges NCOs, Soldiers
- July 17, 2020Sticking the Landing
- July 15, 2020USAG Japan releases housing radon testing results
- July 14, 202038th ADA Brigade Changes Command, Responsibility
- July 7, 2020835th Transportation Battalion assists Marine Corps modernization
- July 2, 2020Female Soldiers, JGSDF members on Camp Zama share experiences as women in workforce
- June 29, 2020Camp Zama housing satisfaction improves, wins awards
- June 26, 2020Camp Zama Soldier takes pride in job as Army mechanic
- June 25, 2020Camp Zama woodshop inspires creativity
- June 16, 2020Air Force, Army work together to save life
- June 12, 2020Retiring Camp Zama doctor looks back on 36 years at clinic
- June 11, 2020U.S. Army Japan celebrates 245th Army Birthday with competitions