Brig. Gen. Joel B. Vowell, 25th ID Deputy Commanding Officer-Operations
By 25th Infantry DivisionMarch 27, 2018
Brig. Gen. Joel "JB" Vowell received his commission as an Infantry officer from the University of Alabama in 1991. During his career, he has been stationed in Europe, the Pacific, and many posts across the United States.
He has been on three combat tours in Afghanistan and one in Iraq, including both surge campaigns. He recently commanded the 3rd Brigade Combat Team ("Rakkasans") of the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. Brig. Gen. Vowell was a War College Fellow at Stanford University and was the Army Chief of Staff's Senior Fellow to the Brookings Institution.
His last assignment was as Executive Officer to the Secretary of the Army.
He is married with two children.
- August 9, 201910th Mountain Soldiers Climb for the Fallen
- August 8, 2019Former Army Ranger helps save man on commercial jet
- August 7, 2019Senior Enlisted Leaders Attend Army G-4 Symposium at Army Logistics University
- August 3, 2019Balancing it all: Signal Soldier sets goals and succeeds
- August 2, 2019CG issues challenge to civilian employees
- July 30, 2019Kentucky Depot Hosts JMC General for Strategic Support Review
- July 30, 2019Defense Acquisition University convenes Detroit Arsenal leadership seminar
- July 30, 2019Army medic puts duty first during large marching event
- July 25, 2019Joint Munition Command CG conducts quarterly update with McAlester, Lake City leadership
- July 24, 2019Pre-Command Course conducts diagnostic Army Combat Fitness Test
- July 23, 2019WSMR Change of Command
- July 22, 2019DIVARTY welcomes new commander
- July 18, 2019Welcoming French Brig. Gen. Hubert Cottereau
- July 16, 2019RHC-Central holds change of command ceremony