Brig. Gen. Joel B. Vowell, 25th ID Deputy Commanding Officer-Operations
By 25th Infantry DivisionMarch 27, 2018
Brig. Gen. Joel "JB" Vowell received his commission as an Infantry officer from the University of Alabama in 1991. During his career, he has been stationed in Europe, the Pacific, and many posts across the United States.
He has been on three combat tours in Afghanistan and one in Iraq, including both surge campaigns. He recently commanded the 3rd Brigade Combat Team ("Rakkasans") of the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. Brig. Gen. Vowell was a War College Fellow at Stanford University and was the Army Chief of Staff's Senior Fellow to the Brookings Institution.
His last assignment was as Executive Officer to the Secretary of the Army.
He is married with two children.
- June 10, 201935 Years, 15 Ranks: Signal Corps officer pins on first star
- June 7, 2019Bilateral affairs officer's work paves the way in Malaysia
- June 7, 2019National Guard officer honored for academic excellence
- June 6, 2019General retires, settles in Lawton-Fort Sill community
- June 6, 2019Intel Center of Excellence deputy general visits National Training Center
- June 3, 2019Former captain international student visits JBSA as general officer
- May 23, 2019Fort Sill artillery officer selected into law program
- May 21, 2019Two 91st MP BN Soldiers earn Best Warrior titles at Fort Drum
- May 21, 2019Air University Fellows Program offers two-year developmental opportunity for officers as students, f
- May 9, 2019SMDC general welcomes new officers during ROTC commissioning ceremony