Brig. Gen. Joel B. Vowell, 25th ID Deputy Commanding Officer-Operations
By 25th Infantry DivisionMarch 27, 2018
Brig. Gen. Joel "JB" Vowell received his commission as an Infantry officer from the University of Alabama in 1991. During his career, he has been stationed in Europe, the Pacific, and many posts across the United States.
He has been on three combat tours in Afghanistan and one in Iraq, including both surge campaigns. He recently commanded the 3rd Brigade Combat Team ("Rakkasans") of the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. Brig. Gen. Vowell was a War College Fellow at Stanford University and was the Army Chief of Staff's Senior Fellow to the Brookings Institution.
His last assignment was as Executive Officer to the Secretary of the Army.
He is married with two children.
- November 1, 2019Trust, brotherhood helped Special Forces detachment overcome all odds
- November 1, 2019Biography - Maj. Gen. John A. George
- October 31, 2019ANAD honors NDEAM with songs, personal story
- October 31, 2019USARIEM receives Army Star Strong Award
- October 30, 2019Special Forces NCO receives Medal of Honor for heroics in Afghanistan
- October 29, 2019TRADOC names 6th MP Det. best in command for fiscal year 2019
- October 25, 2019ASA(ALT) at Work: PEO Soldier
- October 24, 2019Monthly Fort Knox retirement ceremony set for Oct. 25
- October 24, 2019PEO IEW&S' PM PNT Equips MAPS GEN I
- October 22, 2019New combat lifesavers certified
- October 21, 2019The Army Reserve Sustainment Command holds Assumption of Command Ceremony
- October 17, 2019'I'm an addict and an alcoholic'
- October 16, 2019BAMC celebrates Hispanic Americans during monthly observance
- October 16, 2019Chicago's 2019 Columbus Day Parade honors U.S. Army Reserve general officer
- October 9, 2019Scranton hosts Industrial Base Readiness Review