Brig. Gen. Joel B. Vowell, 25th ID Deputy Commanding Officer-Operations
By 25th Infantry DivisionMarch 27, 2018
Brig. Gen. Joel "JB" Vowell received his commission as an Infantry officer from the University of Alabama in 1991. During his career, he has been stationed in Europe, the Pacific, and many posts across the United States.
He has been on three combat tours in Afghanistan and one in Iraq, including both surge campaigns. He recently commanded the 3rd Brigade Combat Team ("Rakkasans") of the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. Brig. Gen. Vowell was a War College Fellow at Stanford University and was the Army Chief of Staff's Senior Fellow to the Brookings Institution.
His last assignment was as Executive Officer to the Secretary of the Army.
He is married with two children.
- January 10, 2020Junior leaders relish chance to train fellow Soldiers in annual exercise
- January 9, 2020How 9/11 inspired a life of service for Army officer
- January 9, 2020USACE Buffalo District's Stow Field Office has a new location
- January 9, 2020Camp Zama playgroup provides community for children, parents
- January 8, 2020FLW's top stories of 2019: 20 years of MSCoE, housing, Army-level awards top list
- December 31, 2019Fort Knox DPW: Don't get burned by space heaters
- December 30, 2019Starting Jan. 1, 4.1 million disabled veterans, certain caregivers can shop tax-free at Exchanges
- December 30, 2019Army selects MICC civilian for professional development opportunity
- December 30, 2019Signal Officer Connects Troops in the Middle East
- December 28, 2019Signal officer connects troops in the Middle East
- December 17, 2019U.S. and Belgium honor the fallen on 75th Anniversary of Malmedy Massacre
- December 13, 2019Real cost of driving impaired could be hidden, unpleasant, expensive
- December 12, 2019Army seniors hope to complete four-year sweep of Navy in rivalry game
- December 10, 2019MHS GENESIS insights: Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Johnson tours Madigan