Total Army Sponsorship Program Rodeo March 15 at USAG Bavaria
By Payton PorterFebruary 23, 2018
GRAFENWOEHR, Germany -- The Army program designed to aid leaders and sponsors during the relocation of their personnel will be held at U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria March 15.
USAG Bavaria's Directorate of Human Resources conducts the Total Army Sponsorship Program Rodeo, or TASP Rodeo, March 15, 2018, beginning at 9 a.m. at the Rose Barracks Multi-Purpose Complex, Bldg. 134, in Vilseck.
Sponsors and leaders should attend the TASP Rodeo to improve the overall sponsorship experience of future Soldiers and civilians. Participants can register on-site.
The intent of the TASP rodeo is to increase readiness by aiding leaders and sponsors to support newly assigned personnel moving from one installation to another, said event organizer and military personnel specialist Earl Mallard.
The rodeo gives sponsors and leaders the information and referral services they need to effectively sponsor new personnel coming to USAG Bavaria.
"The USAG Bavaria community has embraced a creative way of insuring the success of this program," Mallard said. "The community has adopted a rodeo theme. Commonly referred to in the military community as a 'Round Robin.'"
Organizations directly involved in the sponsorship process will provide rodeo-goers the opportunity to visit various agencies and receive training on how those agencies support the sponsorship program.
In the past, Soldiers had expressed frustration at the ineffectiveness of TASP. But direct garrison involvement aims to improve shortcomings and enhance the overall process.
"This process provides the structure and foundations for units to welcome and help prepare Soldiers, civilian employees and family members for their new duty station prior to their actual arrival," said Mallard, who also serves as the USAG Bavaria sponsorship liaison.
The rodeo will also cover the use of the Army Career Tracker Sponsorship Module to request and track sponsorship for all E1s to O6s.
The Total Army Sponsorship Program Rodeo is open to active Army, Army National Guard, Army Reserves and civilian employees assigned to positions within the Department of the Army.
For more information about the Sponsorship Rodeo, call DSN 475-8855 or CIV 09641-83-8855.
- July 8, 2020USAG Ansbach welcomes new commander
- July 8, 2020Help Heal Veterans sponsors Family MWR
- July 6, 2020For Marin, his truck is a vital part of being a sponsor
- July 6, 2020Sponsorship requires extra dedication under COVID-19 quarantine restrictions
- July 2, 2020Army announces 18th annual eCYBERMISSION winners
- July 1, 2020PHCE Audiologist lays the Foundation for Soldier Readiness
- July 1, 2020USAG Bavaria USPS streamlines outbound shipping processes
- June 25, 2020US Army Garrison Wiesbaden Celebrates Pride Month
- June 22, 2020Gary Sinise Foundation sponsors 245th Army Birthday Lunch
- June 19, 2020Command Sgt. Maj. Michael J. Spear: New CSM at USAG Bavaria
- June 18, 2020Ammerthal shows support for its partnership squadron in USAG Bavaria
- June 18, 2020USAG Ansbach community member has overwhelming impact on the garrison beekeeping program
- June 18, 2020USAG Ansbach provides innovative ROM support
- June 12, 2020532nd Military Intelligence Battalion Instituted Virtual Resiliency Training During COVID-19 Quarantine
- June 8, 2020Chris Curtis and the SM-CAP: Moving people under a stop movement order