USARCENT commander hosts town hall
By Master Sgt. Stephanie CarlSeptember 11, 2017
The commander for U.S. Army Central, Lt. Gen. Michael X. Garrett, hosted a town hall at the command's headquarters here Aug. 23 to provide an opportunity for two-way communication between himself and the personnel who keep the mission rolling.
"This is an opportunity for me to share with you the things that are important to me," Gar-rett said. "But more than anything, this is an opportunity for you to talk to me."
With 20 countries Middle Eastern countries within its area of operations, USARCENT has a complex mission. Garrett stressed the role the command has played in maintaining stability despite the volatility of the region. The commander also discussed with the audience his quarterly assessment.
"We still have some work to do on how we man our forward command post," he said. "We need to be better stewards of the resources we have." Garrett explained some of the ongoing changes that are intended to contribute to overall fiscal responsibility, while allowing USARCENT to continue successfully accomplishing its mission of shap-ing the theater, partnering with other nations in the regions and deterring adversaries.
After fielding questions that primarily focused on operations and guidance from higher headquarters, Garrett expressed his overall satisfaction with the organization and its efforts.
"I'm very pleased with where we are today, and where we will continue to go," he said. "Please pass along to your families and those who support you my thanks."
Garrett is next scheduled to conduct a town hall Sept. 14 with forward-deployed Soldiers.
- August 7, 2020The 311th Signal Command (Theater) Earns Army Superior Unit Award
- August 6, 2020Profiles in Space - A series highlighting the unique and diverse Soldiers of USASMDC: From Kenya to U.S. Army Space
- August 6, 2020Freedom’s price – the Purple Heart
- August 6, 20202020 Soldier of the Year: Meet the Army trombonist whose family has served the country since the Civil War
- August 6, 2020Commander holds town hall session
- August 5, 2020V Corps Headquarters (Forward) location announced
- August 3, 2020Jackalope 6 reliquishes HHC command
- July 31, 2020USAG Bavaria’s HHC welcomes new first sergeant
- July 30, 20204960th MFTB conducts Engineer Course Amid Pandemic and Hurricane
- July 28, 2020FORSCOM welcomes new Command Sergeant Major
- July 24, 2020Army Cyber Command ceremony heralds its arrival at new headquarters at Fort Gordon
- July 24, 2020People, mission take priority at USAACE civilian employee town hall
- July 23, 2020Army Senior Leader Town Hall July 22, 2020