Northern Warfare Training Center
By U.S. ArmyJune 24, 2016
NWTC provides Cold Weather and Mountain Warfare training to US military and designated personnel, in order to enhance war-fighting capabilities of US and coalition partners. On order, assists in rescue and recovery operations worldwide. Conduct outreach missions that incorporates mountain and cold regions operations in support of the USPACOM Theater Security Cooperation Plan (TSCP). Conducts missions in support of a memorandum of agreement between U.S. Department of Interior and USARAK for high altitude rescue vicinity Denali National Park in Alaska.
NWTC Mission Essential Task List (METL)
• Train and Certify Soldiers and Leaders on Cold Regions and Mountain skills to facilitate their ability to conduct Unilateral Operations.
• Develop Tactics, Techniques, Procedures and enhance Cold Regions and Mountain Joint Forces doctrine.
• Assist in rescue and recovery operations worldwide.
- September 5, 2018Alaska Army Guard members rescue three after plane crash
- August 27, 2018Two Army teens honored as regional selectees for Military Youth of the Year program
- August 27, 2018Army contest invites winning innovators to bring AI capabilities to Soldiers
- August 24, 2018SHAPE Optometry Clinic gets $10,000 performance award from Landstuhl Regional Medical Center
- August 23, 2018Visitors arriving early for Memorial to Monument Run can tour 10th Mountain Division sites at park
- August 21, 2018K-9 Search and Rescue Training Program supports Soldier in transition
- August 13, 2018Emergency responders share plans for rescue task force
- August 7, 2018Regional Health Command-Atlantic's largest medical facility first to transition to DHA
- August 6, 2018Cecil takes over as Regional Health Command - Central CSM
- August 6, 2018Army scientists create new technique for modeling turbulence in the atmosphere
- August 6, 2018Army secretary talks readiness, future warfare in Joint Readiness Training Center, Fort Polk visit