Northern Warfare Training Center
By U.S. ArmyJune 24, 2016
NWTC provides Cold Weather and Mountain Warfare training to US military and designated personnel, in order to enhance war-fighting capabilities of US and coalition partners. On order, assists in rescue and recovery operations worldwide. Conduct outreach missions that incorporates mountain and cold regions operations in support of the USPACOM Theater Security Cooperation Plan (TSCP). Conducts missions in support of a memorandum of agreement between U.S. Department of Interior and USARAK for high altitude rescue vicinity Denali National Park in Alaska.
NWTC Mission Essential Task List (METL)
• Train and Certify Soldiers and Leaders on Cold Regions and Mountain skills to facilitate their ability to conduct Unilateral Operations.
• Develop Tactics, Techniques, Procedures and enhance Cold Regions and Mountain Joint Forces doctrine.
• Assist in rescue and recovery operations worldwide.
- January 2, 2018Commentary: 2017 saw Soldiers test equipment for readiness well into future
- January 2, 2018Winter Weapons Handling
- January 2, 2018Modern sustainment warfare: Operation Patriot Bandoleer
- December 29, 2017Colorado National Guard takes mountain unit to new heights
- December 28, 2017Watervliet Arsenal proves again its value to the community is more than jobs
- December 27, 2017Garrison provides inclement weather notifications for safety
- December 21, 2017Photo Essay: Marine takes plunge for cold-water immersion during training at Fort McCoy
- December 21, 2017Center Library set to enhance people's reading experience in 2018
- December 21, 2017Marines say Fort McCoy an ideal place to hold cold-weather training, course is 'challenging'
- December 21, 2017Marines bolster cold-weather operating skills during course at Fort McCoy
- December 18, 2017AUDS links electronic warfare and ammunition
- December 15, 2017Cold winter weather can wreak havoc on skin
- December 14, 2017Team participation enhances new JMC Safety committee
- December 14, 2017Soldiers represent 10th Mountain Division on All-Army Ice Hockey Team
- December 14, 2017Golden Dragons hone cold-weather skills
- December 14, 2017Community members immerse themselves in history of 10th Mountain Division and Fort Drum