Strong Europe Tank Challenge headed to Grafenwoehr in May
By Joint Multinational Training Command Public AffairsMarch 1, 2016
GRAFENWOEHR, Germany -- U.S. Army Europe and the German Bundeswehr will co-host the Strong Europe Tank Challenge at Grafenwoehr Training Area, May 10-12, 2016.
The award ceremony is scheduled for May 13, 2016.
This is the first Europe-wide tank challenge taking place at Grafenwoehr Training Area since 1991.
Six NATO nations are scheduled to take part in the Strong Europe Tank Challenge -- each sending a tank platoon to vie for first place. The participating nations are: Denmark, Germany, Italy, Poland, Slovenia and the United States.
Each team will be tested on offensive and defensive operations as well as tasks including vehicle identification, battle damage assessment, mounted orienteering and more.
The Strong Europe Tank Challenge fosters military partnership while promoting NATO interoperability.
- June 21, 2019TACOM is Tank-automotive and Armaments Command
- June 20, 2019Michigan units dash hopes at Saber Guardian 19
- June 14, 2019TRADOC Commander challenges CGSC graduates
- June 13, 2019Dental Health Command Europe welcomes new commander
- June 12, 2019RIA Self-Guided Tour: T9E1 Light Tank
- June 11, 2019Army lengthens tours for Soldiers in Europe, Japan
- June 7, 2019Fort Benning marks 75th anniversary of D-Day with ceremony at National Infantry Museum
- June 5, 20192ID/RUCD Soldiers take the Sgt. Audie Murphy Club Challenge
- June 5, 2019Challenge Accepted
- June 3, 2019New director joins IMCOM-Europe
- May 30, 2019RIA Self-Guided Tour: M1 57MM Anti-Tank Gun
- May 30, 2019DOD Centers share best practices on 'Securing Borders against Traveling Terrorists'
- May 29, 2019New authorization expands eligibility for guests at Edelweiss Lodge and Resort in Garmisch, Germany
- May 24, 2019RIA Self-Guided Tour: M5 3IN Anti-Tank Gun
- May 24, 2019Army Veterinarians help Air Force ensure safe MEDEVAC of military working dogs