Strong Europe Tank Challenge headed to Grafenwoehr in May
By Joint Multinational Training Command Public AffairsMarch 1, 2016
GRAFENWOEHR, Germany -- U.S. Army Europe and the German Bundeswehr will co-host the Strong Europe Tank Challenge at Grafenwoehr Training Area, May 10-12, 2016.
The award ceremony is scheduled for May 13, 2016.
This is the first Europe-wide tank challenge taking place at Grafenwoehr Training Area since 1991.
Six NATO nations are scheduled to take part in the Strong Europe Tank Challenge -- each sending a tank platoon to vie for first place. The participating nations are: Denmark, Germany, Italy, Poland, Slovenia and the United States.
Each team will be tested on offensive and defensive operations as well as tasks including vehicle identification, battle damage assessment, mounted orienteering and more.
The Strong Europe Tank Challenge fosters military partnership while promoting NATO interoperability.
- September 18, 2019'Hero of Cologne' receives bronze star during surprise ceremony
- September 18, 2019Army research uncovers law-like progression of weapons technologies--from a crossbowman to a tank
- September 18, 2019New DHA director visits Europe, talks military healthcare consolidation
- September 13, 2019Army Medicine Europe teaches how to treat patients virtually
- September 12, 2019Setting a vision for Army housing communities in Europe
- September 12, 2019Grafenwoehr Military Museum Exhibit highlights training area environmental protection
- September 12, 2019414th CSB Hosts Europe and Africa Contracting Coordination Board
- September 12, 2019Public Health Command Europe holds change of responsibility ceremony
- September 12, 2019Public Health Command Europe recommends MMR vaccine screening
- September 12, 2019Retiree Appreciation Day provides financial, health services at Grafenwoehr and Ansbach