Aviation community puts face on future challenges
By PEO Aviation Public AffairsFebruary 5, 2016
The meeting room was packed with standing room only as the Future Airborne Capability Environment Technical Interchange Meeting opened Feb. 2 at the Von Braun Center.
Terry Carlson, chief information officer for the Program Executive Office for Aviation, started the morning off with a discussion on the goal of the FACE TIM and noted how far the initiative has come.
"The goal of this FACE TIM is to gain a better understanding of what FACE is, and what purpose it will serve in the future," he said.
The FACE initiative is to help reduce the life cycle costs, and become more capable. FACE standards include four key characteristics: Speed, Agility, Excellence, and Proven Design. "You can adhere to the standards and still create innovative products and maintain intellectual property," Carlson said.
He was followed by keynote speaker Ross Guckert, the acting deputy program executive officer for aviation. Guckert was one of the founders of the Systems of Systems Engineering office, under which FACE currently falls.
Guckert discussed the modernization of the Army materiel enterprise. "Even if we wanted to keep everything that we have in our portfolio, we cannot afford to do so," he said. "We must reduce costs by leveraging others' technology."
The one-day FACE TIM had more than 30 exhibitors and 14 speakers from various industry and government offices.
- December 8, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | U.S. Army Europe and Africa Consolidation
- September 3, 2020Readout of Army Senior Leaders Meeting with Congressional Hispanic Caucus
- April 23, 2020Army announces upcoming 101st Airborne Division Combat Aviation Brigade, unit rotation
- April 23, 2020Army announces upcoming 4th Infantry Division Combat Aviation Brigade, unit rotation
- February 6, 2020Army Secretary Ryan D. McCarthy, other service secretaries, meet with housing executives
- January 31, 2020Army announces new Aviation Incentive Pay rates
- September 12, 2019Army announces upcoming 3rd Infantry Division Combat Aviation Brigade unit rotation
- September 12, 2019Army announces upcoming 10th Mountain Division Combat Aviation Brigade unit rotation
- September 12, 2019Military leaders meet with privatized housing company executives
- September 12, 2019Army senior leaders continue to examine homes, meet with families
- September 12, 2019Army leadership meets with privatized housing partner CEOs
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 1st Armored Division Combat Aviation Brigade unit rotation
- September 12, 2019Baltic and Polish Military Leaders Gather at Fort Myer for U.S. Army Staff Talks
- September 12, 2019Army applauds FY19 NDAA passage
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 4th Combat Aviation Brigade, 4th ID deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces 3rd Infantry Division deployment