New Look for ICE
By U.S. ArmyNovember 5, 2015
It looks like DoD ICE (Interactive Customer Evaluation) will be heralding in a new look for the customer side of ICE commencing November 2015. This will not affect in any way access from the manager's side.
This new look, which is referred to as an HTML5 version (HyperText Markup Language-Version5), will enhance the customers' experience by either typing their site, or scrolling down to find their site for comments. The actual display of the comment card will be more user friendly, especially on a smaller, smart device such as a mobile phone or pad. Additionally, it will offer on the mobile platform the ability to locate ICE sites in their general geographic area, if they have their location feature turned on.
We trust our customers will find this new site more user friendly.
- July 17, 2018Soldiers Get 'Hands On' Army's Newest Transport Telemedicine Technology
- July 16, 2018Army researchers advance ice making system
- July 14, 2018Army multi-component medical mission makes lasting impression in local community
- July 11, 2018Building the Army of the future
- July 10, 2018Sam Choy's in the Kitchen: Logistic Support Vessel CW3 Harold C. Clinger
- July 6, 2018MICC-Yuma Proving Ground tests readiness
- July 3, 2018DHA director meets with RHC-P CG
- June 28, 2018Fort Stewart DHR spotlights Andrea Everett
- June 27, 2018Fort Drum to improve solid waste diversion rate by recycling mattress materials
- June 25, 2018New Fort Riley director of human resources places customer service first
- June 25, 2018Leader's Perspective: MRI restores contracting structure, recovers customer base
- June 22, 2018Sustainers of the Pacific
- June 19, 2018New Landstuhl post office delivers full service to customers
- June 15, 2018Benelux leadership talks Schinnen Transformation
- June 8, 2018USACE Buffalo District employee raises disability awareness through volunteer work
- June 5, 2018Fort McCoy Family Housing earns Platinum Award for high customer satisfaction