Spotlight on … Nicholas Tapp
By Mission and Installation Contracting Command Public Affairs OfficeJuly 24, 2014
Mission and Installation Contracting Command-Fort Carson, ColoradoDescribe your current position:
I am a contracting specialist under the installation contracting division.Describe your passion for the job:
I am very invested in contracting and enjoy this field. With already more than four years of Department of Defense contracting experience, I still try to find something new and another challenge each day. When I was an intern with the Air Force, I switched my degree to business legal studies because I found I very much enjoyed contracting and the legal field. I am currently pursuing a Master of Business Administration in procurement and acquisition management to further my education in this field.Where do you call home; do you have a family?
Growing up in a military family, I lived in many locations. However, I claim Anchorage Alaska, as home, which is where most of my family lives.How does your job support the Soldier?
My position supports the Soldier by providing contract support in several areas including mobilization, training, security and human resources.What would you like others to know about you?
My hobbies include running, hiking, working on cars and traveling. I also enjoy just about any winter sport including skiing, snow shoeing, racing snow mobiles and cross-country skiing. Lastly, I joined the Kansas Army National Guard and was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the transportation corps in April 2013.
- July 30, 2020MICC contracting team dives in to support Army engineer detachment
- July 29, 2020902nd CBN provides critical pre-deployment training
- July 28, 2020414th Contract Supporting Brigade Soldier to compete in AMC Best Warrior Competition
- July 24, 20203 MICC contracting offices combine virtual outreach to industry
- July 23, 2020418th CSB uncases colors marking return home
- July 22, 2020Update: Contracting outreach seeks to expand small business pool
- July 21, 2020ON CONTRACTING: AVOID BRIDGES TO NOWHERE
- July 21, 2020ACQUISITION “SOUND BITE” VIDEOS SIMPLIFY CONTRACTING CONCEPTS
- July 21, 2020The Notice I Never Knew
- July 21, 2020CONTROLLING THE DETAILS
- July 21, 2020Measure What Matters
- July 20, 2020IG serves as eyes, ears, voice, conscience of commander
- July 8, 2020Fort Campbell welcomes new contracting leader