Story by Joel Changhoon LeeDAEGU, South Korea -- Interns across Area IV toured the base of Military Sealift Command Office, Korea at Pier 8 in Busan and U.S. Navy ship Red Cloud on June 23. Forty-four interns who work in each section of the 19th ESC and United States Army Garrison Daegu and other unit learned the mission of the MSCO-Korea and USNS Red Cloud.The field tour program, held by USAG Daegu, was a first for interns, giving them a chance to understand more about the U.S. military.
Gladys Colon-Algarin, intern program manager of USAG Daegu, said, "Pier 8 in Busan is also part of Area IV and I wanted interns to understand more about the role of the U.S. military on the Korean peninsula."When interns arrived at the MSCO-Korea, Cmdr. Eric J. St. Peter, Commanding officer welcomed them and introduced the role and mission of his organization.MSCO-Korea receives equipment like vehicles or tanks, fuels and foods from other Navy Ships and transports them to all installations needed in South Korea with 837th U.S. Army Transportation Battalion."It's a good event to introduce what MSCO-Korea is doing. It would be helpful to build our strong partnership between the U.S. and Republic of Korea."Interns also toured USNS Red Cloud with instruction given by Don Agold, the master of the Red Cloud. It is one of the largest sealift ships with preposition Army stock and contains military combat equipment and combat support equipment needed overseas."It was very rare experience to go abroad the U.S. Navy ship in real life. After listening to every explanation of the mission, I felt relieved due to the preparedness of the USNS Red Cloud at in the event of an emergency situation. "said Kang Eun,woo an intern of the G3 in the 19th ESC.Agold explained that the name, Red Cloud, is named for Cpl. Mitchell Red Cloud, Jr., who died in the Korean War and was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor."I hope you to use the experience you gain in the intern program as stepping stone into your careers and your future," said the MSCO-Korea commander as he wished the interns good luck at the end of the program.
- December 18, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Army Public Affairs Program
- September 24, 2020Army announces upcoming 1st ABCT, 3rd Infantry Division unit rotation
- December 5, 2019Army announces upcoming 2nd BCT, 1st Infantry Division unit rotation
- November 22, 2019CIO/G-6 stands up ECMO and welcomes new director
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 3rd ABCT, 1st Armored Division deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 3rd Infantry Division deployment
- September 12, 2019Army astronaut keeping busy on International Space Station
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces 1st Cavalry Division deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division deployment