Soldier Show auditions link with Operation Rising Star
By Tim Hipps, U.S. Army Installation Management CommandJuly 29, 2013
SAN ANTONIO (July 29, 2013) -- In an effort to streamline efficiencies, Army Entertainment has integrated live auditions for the 2014 U.S. Army Soldier Show with selections of the 2013 Operation Rising Star finalists.Therefore, Nov. 1 is the new deadline for Soldiers submitting packets to be considered as a performer or technician for the 2014 U.S. Army Soldier Show.Details are available at www.armyentertainment.net, where candidates can download registration forms and upload their video auditions and resumes."None of that process has changed, it's just the timeline has changed," said Tim Higdon, with Army Entertainment. "The reason why is we're going to do the video auditions for the Soldier Show in conjunction and with the same team that judges the videos for the Operation Rising garrison winners."Local winners of garrison Operation Rising Star events, if eligible, receive an automatic pass into live auditions for the 2014 U.S. Army Soldier Show, so they could be "double dipping" come December at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston, Texas.The Soldier Show live auditions will be conducted during the second week of the Operation Rising Star finals."That allows us to be a little more efficient with the artistic and production team that's already going to be in place for Operation Rising Star, to work with the Soldier Show candidates during that week," Higdon said. "It also allows us, as Army Entertainment, to better promote the upcoming Soldier Show tour season because part of that live audition process those Soldiers will perform group numbers on the Operation Rising Star live shows."Higdon also hopes to cross promote both programs. The new timeline:• Nov. 1 -- Soldier Show video submission packets due to Army Entertainment.
• Nov. 8 -- Army Entertainment judges Soldier Show video submissions.
• Nov. 13 -- Army Entertainment announces roughly 20-30 selectees for Soldier Show live auditions.
• Dec. 7 -- Performers/technicians report to Fort Sam Houston for live auditions for 2014 U.S. Army Soldier Show.
• Dec. 15 -- Soldiers return to their units.
• Dec. 18 -- Army Entertainment announces cast and crew for 2014 U.S. Army Soldier Show.The goal is, before Christmas, Army Entertainment will announce the cast and crew for the 2014 U.S. Army Soldier Show.
- August 13, 2020Fort Rucker food services team rises to challenge of keeping quarantined Soldiers well fed
- August 11, 2020Soldier escapes death in World War II, inspires generations
- August 10, 2020Army CID Major Cybercrime Unit warns rental scams on the rise
- August 10, 2020Michigan Guard answers call at home and abroad in busy year
- August 7, 2020Pennsylvania Guard aquatic rescue team saves two motorists
- August 5, 2020Open Announcements - August 2020
- August 4, 2020Volunteers: The Heart of the Army Community
- August 4, 2020Supporting Warriors: Maneuver Operations
- August 3, 2020Rapid Mobilization of the DOD Manufacturing Base to Solve COVID-19 Supply Shortages
- July 31, 2020Preserving Lives on the Battlefield
- July 29, 2020One 'good start' gives rise to another
- July 24, 2020The U.S. Army Audit Agency is currently accepting applications for GS-511-13 Senior Auditors
- July 23, 2020Michigan Guard Band supports communities during COVID-19
- July 22, 2020Washington National Guard members support Team Med Surge