The Army is improving career and employment opportunities for military spouses through new programs and existing partnerships. The Army is implementing a holistic approach to helping military spouses find jobs, build careers and improve their quality of life.
"The ability of spouses to achieve gainful, meaningful employment directly impacts retention, positive relationships, and financial wellbeing - all of which affect Army readiness."- Christine Wormuth, Secretary of the Army
- Navigating Civilian Employment: Army Reference Guide for Military Spouses & Veterans
- Army Directive 2020-01 Reimbursement for State Licensure and Certification Costs From a Permanent Change of Station
- Military One Source - For Spouses
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership
- Spouse Education and Career Opportunities
- Telework Opportunities for Military Spouses
- Employment Readiness Program
- MilSpouse Money Mission® - A resource that helps educate and empower military spouses to elevate their families by making smart money moves.
- AAFES Virtual Contact Center Brochure (PDF)
- AAFES Military Spouse Recruitment (PDF)
- STAND-TO! Army Spouse State Licensure and Certification Costs Reimbursement
- DoD Civilian Careers for military spouses
- USA Jobs - Getting Started
- USA Jobs for Military Spouses
- Home-based businesses are an important contributor to Army family quality of life - new changes to procedures have made it easier and quicker to gain approval to operate an on-post home-based business.
- The Army has simplified the application process for Soldier spouses to apply for reimbursement of up to $1,000 for professional license/certification in a new state after a permanent change of station. Learn more at Military Spouse Interstate License Recognition Options.
- The Non-Appropriated (NAF) Civilian Employment Assignment Tool enables many current NAF employees to voluntarily request a non-competitive transfer to another Army installation where the same position may be available.
- The Army is participating in a pilot program allowing eligible military spouses to exercise military spouse preference (MSP) when applying to Army or Air Force job opportunity announcements up to 30 days prior to arrival in certain foreign overseas locations.
- The Army has launched a new on-post coworking space initiative to provide military spouses with professional workspaces outside their homes, along with a training venue for employment and entrepreneurial opportunities.