Common access card
(Photo Credit: U.S. Army) VIEW ORIGINAL

FORT SILL, Okla.-- Any person who has a 64K or 72K common access card must make an appointment at their servicing ID card facility and replace their card.

To verify the validity of your card, look on the top line of the reverse side of the CAC. Cards that must be replaced are: Oberthur ID One v5.2 Dual; Oberthur ID One v5.2a Dual; Gemalto GCX4 72K DI; Gemalto Access 64KV2; Oberthur ID One V5.2; and Oberthur ID One V5.2a.

CACs that fall into this category must be replaced regardless of the expiration date on the card before the Sept. 30 deadline. Cards not replaced by Oct. 1 will result in certificates not reading properly, and the card will be automatically disabled.

Directorate of Human Resources and Military Personnel Division customers must make an appointment in advance; they will not be seen as an emergency walk-in.

Customers are encouraged to logon to the online appointment scheduler at Those receiving an email from DMDC directing replacement of their card should make their appointment as soon as possible. If your card is disabled Oct. 1, you will still be required to wait for an open appointment for service.

Soldiers assigned to the 31st Air Defense Artillery, 75th Fires or 214th Fires brigades must contact their brigade S1 section for more information and appointment scheduling requirements.

Related Links:

Schedule an appointment