Veteran's Day 2011
By Brig. Gen. William T. Wolf, Command Sgt. Maj. Richard StidleyNovember 2, 2011
Military service is among the most noble of all American traditions. From Lexington and Concord to the mountain passes of Afghanistan, our nation's Soldiers have unfailingly demonstrated the courage and values that distinguish the United States Army as the finest fighting force in the world. Your continued service ensures the ideals of duty and liberty will flourish within generations of Soldiers to come. This Veterans Day, we honor you, those who have come before you and our fellow troopers who have made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom. Thank you for what you do every day and for serving our nation with honor and integrity.
As you enjoy this extended holiday weekend, please stay safe in all you do. Reckless behavior has far-reaching effects, and indiscipline remains a leading cause of fatal accidents within our ranks. You owe it to yourself, your battle buddies and your Family to buckle up, wear personal protective equipment, drive and ride responsibly and call a cab if you have too much to drink. Remember to encourage your buddies to make smart decisions too -- safety begins with each of us, and our duty to one another is just as important at home as downrange.
Have a safe and restful Veterans Day!
Army Safe is Army Strong!Richard Stidley William T. Wolf
Command Sergeant Major Brigadier General
- June 3, 2020A message to the Army community about civil unrest
- June 2, 2020Army targets COVID-19 vaccine by end of year, human testing in summer
- June 2, 2020Sibling Soldiers share commitment to duty, service
- June 1, 2020National Guard supports NASA launch, other space missions
- June 1, 2020Women integrating into Army’s final infantry, armor units
- June 1, 2020Passport guidance set to curb delays, as Army heads into peak PCS season
- June 1, 2020Army aims to further refine MDO with Indo-Pacific partners
- May 29, 2020Air and missile defense programs stay on track despite slight delay
- May 29, 2020OMFV adopts new path forward from lessons learned
- May 29, 2020Army’s Iron Dome batteries inbound for testing in 2021
- May 28, 2020Soldier tells how he stopped active shooter on bridge
- June 1, 2020DOD launches effort to collect 8,000 units of COVID-19 convalescent plasma
- May 29, 2020Military medical experts explore psychological impacts of COVID-19
- May 28, 2020Army Reserve Soldier honors and continues grandfather's legacy