October recruiting ad
By Brian J. LinceJanuary 26, 2011
I am an avid fan of Soldiers magazine, and I always look forward to the articles each and every month.
However, once I finished reading the October 2010 issue, I noticed the ad on the back cover, which encourages those with degrees to become Army officers. What caught my eye was the order of precedence of the Soldier's ribbons. There is not much more to say other than look for yourself and you'll see (the discrepancy).
Brian J. Lince
RESPONSE to letter:
Mr. Lince is correct. The Army Service Ribbon and National Defense Service Ribbon worn by the officer featured in the ad on the back cover of the October 2010 issue are switched.
Regrettably, neither the Soldiers magazine staff, nor the Accessions Command Outreach and Marketing team (which shot the photo and designed the ad) caught the error prior to publication.
Ultimately, regardless of the source, the editor in chief is responsible for all featured content. I greatly appreciate the diligence of readers like Mr. Lince, and will continue to strive for excellence.
Editor in chief
- March 15, 2019Prescribed burning part of Jackson conservation efforts
- March 7, 2019RIA senior leader meets Redstone Arsenal Detachment for first time
- March 5, 2019Reserve and Guard Compete for Best Warrior Title
- March 5, 2019Fort Rucker Sergeant Audie Murphy Association inducts 3 NCOs
- March 4, 2019Transportation School gains brigade, 88M AIT training
- February 22, 2019DOD official describes missile defense strategy
- February 19, 2019OPINION: CES ignites leadership potential among Army Civilian Corps
- February 19, 2019CMA civilian puts military experience to work for Army
- February 19, 2019Michigan Biathlon team challenges Air and Army in native climate
- February 15, 2019Speeding on post puts lives at risk
- February 15, 2019RM magazine Feb. 11 - 15
- February 12, 2019Unmanned aircraft stays aloft for nearly 26 days above U.S. Army Yuma Proving Ground
- February 12, 2019Saber Strike 18: Unopposed Wet Gap Crossing
- February 11, 2019Joint culinary event set to begin March 9 at Fort Lee
- February 6, 20191 AD CAB transitions to Electronic Flight Bags
- February 5, 2019Special ops general shares wisdom with Aviation students