October recruiting ad
By Brian J. LinceJanuary 26, 2011
I am an avid fan of Soldiers magazine, and I always look forward to the articles each and every month.
However, once I finished reading the October 2010 issue, I noticed the ad on the back cover, which encourages those with degrees to become Army officers. What caught my eye was the order of precedence of the Soldier's ribbons. There is not much more to say other than look for yourself and you'll see (the discrepancy).
Brian J. Lince
RESPONSE to letter:
Mr. Lince is correct. The Army Service Ribbon and National Defense Service Ribbon worn by the officer featured in the ad on the back cover of the October 2010 issue are switched.
Regrettably, neither the Soldiers magazine staff, nor the Accessions Command Outreach and Marketing team (which shot the photo and designed the ad) caught the error prior to publication.
Ultimately, regardless of the source, the editor in chief is responsible for all featured content. I greatly appreciate the diligence of readers like Mr. Lince, and will continue to strive for excellence.
Editor in chief
- June 22, 2018Fort Knox Transportation officials start information campaign to help Soldiers 'move smooth'
- June 21, 2018Post-Traumatic Stress: What Soldiers need to know?
- June 20, 2018USAASC director details new advanced degree programs
- June 20, 2018CDC reopens, safe after being closed for three days
- June 15, 2018Northwest Guardian to cease publication: the end of an era
- June 14, 2018One time Fort Knox Commander, Maj.Gen. Hugh Gaffey, highest ranked Soldier in Post Cemetery
- June 14, 2018Former commanders, deputies tour depot, discuss issues
- June 13, 2018Faces of the Force: How important relationships are to building a successful career
- June 12, 2018Reserve Veterinary Corps Soldiers cover down at Naval Station Rota
- June 11, 2018201st EMIB Soldiers compete for title of I Corps Best Warrior
- June 7, 2018PS Magazine editor retiring with top awards
- June 7, 2018Auto Skills Center staff builds hot rod
- June 5, 2018The sustainment brigade staff's critical path
- June 4, 2018'Tropic Lightning' Soldiers in rain, mud train up for EIB
- June 1, 2018Fifty years ago in TACOM news -- June 1968: "Instructor Turns Actor -- Hollywood Comes to ATAC"
- June 1, 2018Leaving the Paper Trail: Army Reserve Issues Paper Reduction Policy