October recruiting ad
By Brian J. LinceJanuary 26, 2011
I am an avid fan of Soldiers magazine, and I always look forward to the articles each and every month.
However, once I finished reading the October 2010 issue, I noticed the ad on the back cover, which encourages those with degrees to become Army officers. What caught my eye was the order of precedence of the Soldier's ribbons. There is not much more to say other than look for yourself and you'll see (the discrepancy).
Brian J. Lince
RESPONSE to letter:
Mr. Lince is correct. The Army Service Ribbon and National Defense Service Ribbon worn by the officer featured in the ad on the back cover of the October 2010 issue are switched.
Regrettably, neither the Soldiers magazine staff, nor the Accessions Command Outreach and Marketing team (which shot the photo and designed the ad) caught the error prior to publication.
Ultimately, regardless of the source, the editor in chief is responsible for all featured content. I greatly appreciate the diligence of readers like Mr. Lince, and will continue to strive for excellence.
Editor in chief
- September 21, 2018Thousands of troops to train on Fort McCoy in October
- September 21, 2018Soldier Lethality Cross-Functional Team bringing next generation technologies to Soldiers
- September 21, 2018KY Veterans hall of fame recognizes IRAHC employee
- September 20, 2018Army announces conversion of two brigade combat teams
- September 14, 2018Fort Knox program hosting volunteer recruitment, AFAP issue fair Sept. 20
- September 13, 2018Command Sgt. Maj. Jon R. Stanley
- September 13, 20182018 Energy Action Month Senior Leader Message
- September 13, 2018Forum offers platform for feedback
- September 10, 2018Local community honors 10th Special Forces Group fallen in memorial ceremony
- September 7, 2018How Rapid Design Workshops Help LMP Work
- September 6, 2018September-October 2018 issue of Army Sustainment
- September 4, 2018Eisenhower Army Medical Center's Rounds magazine, September 2018
- August 31, 2018Modernizing at the speed of relevance: An interview with Under Secretary of the Army Ryan McCarthy
- August 24, 2018Georgian leader added to U.S. Army Command and General Staff College International Hall of Fame
- August 16, 2018FORT KNOX TURNS 100: Camp Knox turns into 'Deadwood' of issues shortly after creation