October recruiting ad
By Brian J. LinceJanuary 26, 2011
I am an avid fan of Soldiers magazine, and I always look forward to the articles each and every month.
However, once I finished reading the October 2010 issue, I noticed the ad on the back cover, which encourages those with degrees to become Army officers. What caught my eye was the order of precedence of the Soldier's ribbons. There is not much more to say other than look for yourself and you'll see (the discrepancy).
Brian J. Lince
RESPONSE to letter:
Mr. Lince is correct. The Army Service Ribbon and National Defense Service Ribbon worn by the officer featured in the ad on the back cover of the October 2010 issue are switched.
Regrettably, neither the Soldiers magazine staff, nor the Accessions Command Outreach and Marketing team (which shot the photo and designed the ad) caught the error prior to publication.
Ultimately, regardless of the source, the editor in chief is responsible for all featured content. I greatly appreciate the diligence of readers like Mr. Lince, and will continue to strive for excellence.
Editor in chief
- August 16, 2017Mr. William F. Moore | Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, G-4
- August 13, 2017Abandoned pets increase during PCS season
- August 10, 2017Sniper teams test skills to represent division in international competition
- August 10, 201710th Mountain Division selects teams to participate in small arms competition
- August 7, 2017FORSCOM Frontline - Aug. 4, 2017
- August 7, 2017"Depression impacts readiness": How mental health issues affect Soldiers, particularly women
- July 27, 2017Extreme heat forcing safety measures at Fort Leonard Wood
- July 24, 20171st AD RSSB travels to Kabul
- July 17, 2017Working ourselves out of a job: U.S. trainers hand-off OCT Academy to Ukrainians
- July 13, 2017Finding hope
- July 13, 2017International Help Desk assists Saber Guardian 17 computer, network users
- July 11, 2017Army Sustainment Magazine July-August 2017
- June 27, 2017GLWACH's Ombudsman is your battle buddy for medical care issues
- June 27, 2017"Lightning Ops" forward establishing, monitoring Saber Guardian 17 communications networks
- June 26, 2017401st Army Field Support Brigade shows off speed of issue during exercise
- June 23, 2017Engagement Skills Trainer Prepares Soldiers for Future Operations