FORT KNOX, Ky. – Free kayak and canoe permits for Lower Douglas Lake at Fort Knox are now available.
Community members interested in obtaining a permit must have an account on the Fort Knox iSportsman portal and request account validation through Hunt Control before a permit can be requested. Accounts can be validated by contacting Hunt Control through the email, phone or office address listed at the bottom of the iSportsman portal webpage.
Once obtained, permits are valid through February 2024. Patrons must also follow the following guidelines whenever on the lake:
- Only kayaks and canoes are permitted, no paddle boards.
- All kayaks and canoes must be human powered, no motor propulsion.
- Only persons 16 and older may obtain a permit. Anyone under 16 must be accompanied by someone 16 or older.
- Fishing permits must be obtained separately for those wishing to fish.
- Coast Guard-approved safety flotation devices must be worn at all times on the water.
- Kayaking and canoeing are only permitted during daylight hours.
- Alcohol is prohibited while kayaking and canoeing.
Lower Douglas Lake is the sole location at Fort Knox open to kayak and canoe recreation.