FORT LEE, Virginia – A new year brings a new look and feel for the Defense Commissary Agency’s (DeCA) Sales Flyer for Jan. 16-29, offering customers even greater ways to save on everything from fresh produce, meat and more.
Customers can also add savings beyond already low commissary prices by becoming a Savvy Shopper; see the Savvy Shopper Sales Flyer for details.
DeCA’s “Thinking Outside the Box” (TOTB) recipe for the period is Tomato Soup and Cheesy Toast. Thinking Outside the Box recipes are dietitian-approved, offering quick and economical solutions for home-cooked meals. Customers can save even more on the items listed in these recipes.
Commissary customers can continue their journey to savings with the Pathway to Savings – “Instant Savings and Buy One, Get One (BOGO) Free” deals and Commissary Rewards Card digital coupons. Customers can save over $145 through these deals. Many more digital coupons are available at https://shop.commissaries.com/digital-coupons. Pathway to Savings “BOGO Free” is not available at overseas stores; however, overseas customers can still enjoy instant savings by visiting their stores for specific selection and pricing.
Customers are reminded they can now download a mobile app to access DeCA’s website programs such as Commissary CLICK2GO online payment and curbside pickup, digital coupons, the sales flyer, dietitian-approved recipes and much more. The mobile app is free for download through the Google Play and IOS app stores.
Other savings opportunities include the following promotions:
• “New Year, Fresh Start.” Customers can enter MyMilitarySavings.com/contests for a chance to win one of five Commissary Gift Cards. To see official rules, go to MMSGiveaways.com. Limit one entry per person.
• “Nature Made $1,000 Commissary Gift Card Giveaway.” Twenty winners will be selected to win a $50 Commissary Gift Card. Visit https://familymedia.com/naturemade/ to enter.
• P&G We Stand Together. Receive a $25 Commissary Gift Card when you purchase $75 of participating P&G products from the commissary from Jan 2-29. Customers should submit their receipt online at PGWeStandTogether.com or by mail to P&G We Stand Together Rebate Program, P.O. Box 125, Heyworth, Illinois, 61745. Entries must be submitted or postmarked by Feb. 6, 2023.
• “Box Tops for Education.” General Mills is offering customers an opportunity to save money while supporting their local schools through the “Box Tops for Education” promotion. See store displays and high-value coupons for participating General Mills brands. This campaign is ongoing throughout the year.
In Hawaii, authorized patrons have four commissaries they can shop at:
- Marine Corps Base Hawaii Kaneohe
- Pearl Harbor (at the NEX)
- Schofield Barracks
About DeCA: The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Commissaries provide a military benefit, saving authorized patrons thousands of dollars annually on their purchases compared to similar products at commercial retailers. The discounted prices include a 5-percent surcharge, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones. A core military family support element, and a valued part of military pay and benefits, commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America’s military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.