On behalf of the Secretary of the Army, the Office of Business Transformation would like to announce that the nomination window to participate in the 2022 Lean Six Sigma Excellence Awards Program (LEAP) is now open.
LEAP recognizes those Army organizations and practitioners that have demonstrated excellence in building, sustaining, and implementing results-driven process improvement projects.
There are two categories of awards:
Process Improvement Deployment Excellence Award (PIDEA). The PIDEA recognizes organizations that deliver outstanding results in the deployment of process improvement methodologies and the achievement of exceptional organizational performance
- Policy: HQDA Secretariat (Up to 1 Award)
- Policy: HQDA Army Staff (Up to 1 Award)
- Execution: HQDA Secretariat (Up to 1 Award)
- Execution: HQDA Army Staff (Up to 1 Award)
- Execution: AR 10-87 Army Commands (Up to 1 Award)
- Execution: AR 10-87 Army Service Component Commands (Up to 1 Award)
- Execution: AR 10-87 Direct Reporting Units (Up to 1 Award)
Execution: AR 10-87 Subordinate Organization to HQDA and Headquarters (Up to 1 Award)
Process Improvement Project Team Excellence Award (PIPTEA). The PIPTEA recognizes the outstanding contributions and results of process improvement teams
- Enterprise (Up to 2 Awards) - Projects executed using LSS DMAIC, DfLSS, DMEDI, and DMADV
- Non-Enterprise (Up to 4 Awards - 2 Black Belt and 2 Green Belt) - projects whose scope remains within limited intra-functional boundaries
- Non-Gated (Up to 4 Awards) - Process Improvement project not going through the formal DMAIC gating process (e.g. RIE, VE, BBP, and BPR)
In order to be considered for an award, all work needs to have been completed between October 2020 and September 2022 (FY21 and FY22). Nomination packets will be accepted up-and-until close of business on 15 February, 2023.
For more instruction on how to nominate a project or organization, please visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/orion/obt/armybpi/armycpi or the OBT Portal at https://www.obtportal.army.mil/Discover/Army-LSS/LEAP/