It's that time of year again! The 2022 Federal Benefits Open Season is from Nov. 14 through Dec. 12. During this time, eligible employees can enroll, change, or cancel their enrollment for the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) and the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP). Employees can also enroll or re‐enroll in the Federal Employees Flexible Spending Account (FSAFEDS) Program.
Please ensure the plan you are enrolled in will continue in your location for the next plan year, as well as review the coverage and new premium rates to ensure your current enrollment continues to meet your healthcare needs and budget. Unless indicated in the list of Significant Plan Changes, current FEHB and FEDVIP enrollments will continue if no Open Season change is made. If you are enrolled in a plan, which is terminating enrollment with the FEHBP, and you do not make an enrollment election during the Open Season, you will be automatically enrolled in GEHA's Indemnity Benefit Plan‐Elevate (the lowest‐cost nationwide plan option for 2022).
Make sure you take an opportunity to review the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Plan Comparison Tool (PCT). The tool and specific benefits information for individual plans are posted on the OPM website in via the FEHB Plan Comparison Tool, https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/plan-information/compare-plans/ Please read below for more information on the programs participating in the Federal Benefits Open Season.
FEHB: 1. FEHB enrollments/changes/terminations are made through the GRB Platform on the Army Benefits Center‐ Civilian (ABC‐C) website at https://abc.chra.army.mil.
2. Benefit Specialists are available at DSN 520‐2222, commercial 785‐240‐2222, or toll‐free at 1‐877‐276‐9287 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Central Time during Open Season. You may also visit the email inquiry boxes on the Contact Us section of the ABC‐C homepage.
1. FEDVIP enrollments/changes/terminations are made through the BENEFEDS website at www.benefeds.com.
2. Customer service is available at 1‐877‐888‐FEDS (3337) Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern Time.
1. FSAFEDS enrollments are made through their website at www.fsafeds.com.
2. Benefit Specialists are available at 1‐877‐FSAFEDS (372‐3337) Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time.
3. FSA enrollments do NOT continue from year to year. You must re‐enroll each year!
4. If you are enrolled in a Health Care FSA (HCFSA) or the Limited Expense Health Care FSA (LEXHCFSA) in 2022, you are allowed to carry over up to $550 of unspent funds to 2022. You must re‐enroll in FSAFEDS to be eligible for the carryover.
A Virtual Benefits Fair will be conducted in live chat sessions on November 15th & 22nd, December 1st & 8th. For more information and to register, go to Federal Virtual Benefits Fair 2022 (on24.com).
The ABC‐C has information and resources about the Federal Benefits Open Season on their website at https://abc.chra.army.mil. Please note that ABC‐C Benefit Specialists are unable to advise employees on the coverage offered under specific plans or make recommendations on plan enrollment. If you have questions regarding coverage under a specific FEHB Carrier, you should contact the Carrier directly at the number listed in the plan brochure.
2022 Open Season Materials:
All FEHB Plan Brochures: Healthcare : Plan Information - OPM.gov
Dental Plans: Healthcare Plan Information For Dental - OPM.gov
Vision Plans: Healthcare Plan Information For Vision - OPM.gov
Federal Flexible Spending Account Program (FSAFEDS): FSAFEDS