FORT LEE, Va. – The Defense Commissary Agency’s (DeCA) Sales Flyer for Oct. 10 - 23, offers customers even greater ways to save at their commissary.
DeCA is now expanding its Sales Flyer to overseas military families in the European and Pacific regions. Customers can now plan their next shopping trip or Commissary Click2Go order by accessing the Sales Flyer and selecting the region of their choice.
In this edition we are promoting significant savings through Thanksgiving on whole frozen turkeys. Customers can get a head start on the holidays or just pregame their turkey favorites at $.68/lb. for select brands. Availability and brands will vary by location.
Commissaries are also bringing even more savings for customers through the new and improved Your Everyday Savings (YES!) Program. YES! offers extra savings and value on the products customers buy the most. Just look for the orange YES! shelf label.
Customers can add savings beyond normal commissary prices by becoming a Savvy Shopper; see the sales flyer for details.
Planning nutrient-dense meals for the week is easy with “Thinking Outside the Box” (TOTB) recipes. This promotional period features a recipe for a Huevos, Beans, and Tortillas with Mole Sauce. Thinking Outside the Box recipes are dietitian-approved, offering quick, healthy and economical solutions for home-cooked meals. Customers can save even more on the items listed in these recipes.
The sales flyer has also updated Pathway to Savings – “Instant Savings and Buy One, Get One (BOGO) Free” deals and Commissary Rewards Card digital coupons. You could save over $65 with this week’s Pathway to Savings. Many more digital coupons are available at https://shop.commissaries.com/digital-coupons. Pathway to Savings “BOGO Free” is not available at overseas stores; however, overseas customers can still enjoy instant savings by visiting their stores for selection and pricing.
Other savings opportunities include the following promotions:
• “Halloween Costume Contest.” Through Nov. 1, eligible commissary customers and their family members can enter DeCA’s Halloween Costume Contest. Participants must identify their commissary with the submission of their picture. Submissions without a commissary are automatically disqualified. One winner per commissary. Winners will receive a $25 Commissary Gift Card. No purchase necessary to win. Go to https://shop.commissaries.com/halloween-costume-contest.
• “Mars Wrigley, Tribute to the Troops.” Through Oct. 11, eligible military customers can enter for a chance to win one of many World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (WWE) prize package opportunities by entering at https://marsmilitary.com/. In addition, the military base with the most entries will receive a WWE guest appearance and autograph session.
• “Back to School/Box Tops for Education.” General Mills is offering customers an opportunity to save money while supporting their local schools through the “Box Tops For Education” promotion. See store displays and high-value coupons for participating General Mills brands. This campaign is ongoing throughout the year.
• “Purina PCS with Pets.” Purina wants to give back to active duty military pet owners. PCS with Pets is a communication and information portal committed to educating and assisting active duty military family pet owners navigating the complex logistic and financial challenges of the military PCS process. Sign up today and join this community forum to talk to others about their PCS process at https://www.militarypetpcs.com/sign-in. Also, enter the monthly sweepstakes for a chance to win $500 toward your pet travel fees, plus 10 patrons have the opportunity to win a pet travel bag at https://www.militarypetpcs.com/contests. This campaign is ongoing throughout the year.
• “Purina Pro Plan Military Pet Club.” Please join the Purina Pro Plan Military Pet Club if you have a dog and/or a cat. Join here: https://www.militarypetclub.com/. During October, patrons have a chance to win a Furbo Pet camera and pet treats. The entry window for October prizes is Oct. 1-31. Enter at https://www.militarypetclub.com/contests. Two winners will be chosen.
• Purina Military Cat Club. Please join the Purina Military Cat Club if you own a cat. Join at https://www.militarycatclub.com. During October, patrons have the chance to win a cat toy storage by going to https://www.militarycatclub.com/contests. Four winners will be chosen.
• Purina Dog Chow Visible Impact Award. Now through Oct. 17, dog lovers can join in selecting a winner of the first Dog Chow Visible Impact Awards by voting on select finalists at https://www.dogchowveterans.com. For every vote cast, Dog Chow will also donate $5 to the Association of Service Dog Providers for military veterans (up to $75,000) to help train more PTSD service dogs at no cost to veterans.
• Del Monte Supports CreatiVets. Through Oct. 15, every Del Monte purchase helps support and empower wounded veterans to heal through arts and music. To learn more about CreatiVets, please visit https://creativets.org.
• White Cloud Paper Towels & Bath Tissue. Look to save $4 on any one White Cloud toilet paper or paper towel product. In-store coupons available through October.
Sales flyers offer promotional savings on certain fresh produce, meat, and many other popular brands across many product categories. Customers overseas are reminded to check sales flyers specific to their region for discounted pricing.
In Hawaii, authorized patrons have four commissaries they can shop at:
- Marine Corps Base Hawaii Kaneohe
- Pearl Harbor (at the NEX)
- Schofield Barracks
About DeCA: The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Commissaries provide a military benefit, saving authorized patrons thousands of dollars annually on their purchases compared to similar products at commercial retailers. The discounted prices include a 5-percent surcharge, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones. A core military family support element, and a valued part of military pay and benefits, commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America’s military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.