17th Field Artillery Brigade deploys HIMARS to Alaska: Defender Pacific 2020
By Ian SandallSeptember 15, 2020
Joint Base Lewis McChord, Wash. – ‘Thunderbolts’ with the 5th Battalion, 3rd Field Artillery Regiment, 17th Field Artillery Brigade deployed HIMARS to Eareckson Air Station, Shemya Island, Alaska on September 12th, in support of Defender Pacific 2020.This mission focuses on expeditionary deployment operations through M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) rapid infiltration (HIRAIN) training—which showcases a crew’s combat readiness and quick-precision-striking ability by rapidly preparing and mobilizing the HIMARS, all while validating the crew’s long-range communications.“This HIRAIN (mission) validates 5-3 FA and 17th FAB’s ability to rapidly project combat power in the Indo-Pacific region,” said Maj. Kevin Shouse, plans and operations officer with the 5th Bn., 3rd FAR, “It took the tireless efforts of 5-3 FA’s Soldiers to make this operation a success.”Defender Pacific 20 is a joint exercise that demonstrates strategic readiness by deploying combat credible forces across the Indo-Pacific Theater of operations in support of the U.S. National Defense Strategy.The 17th Field Artillery Brigade—the Force Field Artillery (FFA) Headquarters for America’s First Corps—is deploying HIMARS to demonstrate their readiness to shape the fight as the power projection platform of the Indo-Pacific theatre.
- September 13, 2020Kansas National Guard battery recognized as best in nation with Hamilton Award
- September 12, 2020US Army demonstrates commitment to Palau following Defense Secretary visit
- September 11, 2020Military Intelligence Soldier Earns USARPAC Best Warrior Title
- September 11, 2020Ft. Bliss Air Defense Soldiers provide data testing new Integrated Air and Missile Defense system
- September 10, 2020Defender Pacific 2020 expands across breadth of the theater
- September 10, 2020Asian-American Soldier enlists to protect others
- September 8, 2020US Military lands C130 on newly renovated Angaur Airfield in Palau
- September 3, 2020Col. Washington J. Sanchez, Jr.
- September 3, 2020SFAB Soldiers complete first mission to Indo-Pacific
- September 3, 202038th ADA Commander engages local leaders
- August 28, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Direct Appointment of a Noncommissioned Officer to Chief Warrant Officer 2
- August 27, 2020Air Defense Artillery School leaders stress PHD - pride, hustle, desire
- August 27, 2020By Improving Artillery Shells, Picatinny Engineers Seek to Greatly Extend Range of Cannon Artillery