Florida Guard supports relocation of two Community Based Testing Sites in South Florida
By Jesse ManzanoJune 25, 2020
Lauderdale Lakes, Fla. - Two Community Based Testing Sites (CBTS) in Broward County moved to new locations this week, and Soldiers from the Florida National Guard were there to support local and state authorities during the move, set up and resumption of operations."We have been working at testing sites in Broward County since we arrived in South Florida at the beginning of June," said Sgt. 1st Class Thomas Jones, a noncommissioned officer assigned to Charlie Battery, 1st of the 265th Air Defense Artillery (1-265 ADA) out of Deland, Fla. "We were originally assigned to the Hampton Pines testing site, but when it was moved to Lauderdale Lakes, our mission continued in the new location."The two new test sites located at the Vincent Torres Memorial Park in Lauderdale Lakes and at Lincoln Park in Fort Lauderdale replaced the Hampton Pines and Urban League CBTS locations respectively, which are now closed."We are here to help the community," said 2nd Lt. Pablo Iguaran, a platoon leader with Alpha Battery, 1-265 ADA and the officer in charge of the Lincoln Park CBTS. "The Florida Guard can adapt very quickly, so when the move from the Urban League to Lincoln Park was announced, we were prepared to handle it without any issues."Since starting COVID-19 operations in mid-March, the 50th Regional Support Group (RSG) has served as the Florida National Guard's main effort supporting the state's COVID-19 response. Working together with federal, state and local authorities throughout Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, the 50th RSG and its subordinate units have provided direct and indirect support to more than a dozen CBTS locations, helping administer more than 200,000 sample collections to date in their area of operations. 50th RSG Soldiers are also supporting screening operations at three airports.
- September 21, 2020Future New York leaders learn lessons at Ticonderoga
- September 21, 2020Army Geospatial Enterprise launches new website
- September 14, 2020Inaugural Tour de Fort Sill set for Sept. 26
- September 12, 2020Jacksonville District Stands Up Call Center to Support Operation Blue Roof in Louisiana
- September 7, 2020Army Corps of Engineers fully engaged in Louisiana Hurricane recovery efforts
- September 7, 2020First temporary ‘Blue Roof’ a success - Operation Blue Roof in full effect in SW Louisiana
- September 4, 2020Blue Roof Program sign-up station opening in Lake Charles
- September 4, 2020At-risk youth get second chance with help from Texas Guard
- September 3, 2020Col. Washington J. Sanchez, Jr.
- September 1, 2020Workers to repair storm-battered seawall at Destin Army Recreation Area in Florida
- August 31, 2020Florida Guard members donate plasma to support COVID-19
- August 28, 2020First African American Garrison Commander for Parks Reserve Forces Training Area