BAMC Fisher House hosts its first ever gender reveal party
By Daniel J. Calderón, Brooke Army Medical Center Public AffairsFebruary 12, 2020
JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- Brooke Army Medical Center's Fisher House hosted its first gender reveal party Jan. 31 for a Sailor and his wife.Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class Aashis Luitel and his wife, Bivasha Saroj, have been staying at the Fisher House since late 2018. The Fisher House serves as a home-away-from-home for the families of ill or injured patients receiving treatment at BAMC.The couple is getting ready to have their first baby later this year. Inge Godfrey, the Fisher House manager said the residents talked to her about having a party for the young couple."Here at the Fisher House, we're a family," she said. The residents all got together and decided they wanted to have a gender reveal party here for them and so I wanted them to have the support of the Fisher House."Godfrey and residents bought a cake, decorations and some snacks for everyone at the Fisher House and prepared for the "big day.""I say 'why not' have a gender reveal party here," said Kamni Delbarba, another resident at the Fisher House whose son is a patient at BAMC. "This is a home away from home for us all. I can't even describe in words all the good the Fisher House has done for us."Godfrey said the celebration is in line with the overall mission of the Fisher House."We take care of our residents. We make sure they know they are safe and loved here," she said.The new parents both said they would be happy with whatever came of the impending revelation. When Luitel and his wife popped the balloon, blue confetti sprayed over the attendees to indicate their first child is going to be a boy."This is great," he said. "I want to thank the Fisher House staff and residents for all they've done for us."
- March 25, 2020Life in quarantine: A family perspective on West Point
- March 24, 2020Jackson town hall addresses on-post housing concerns
- March 19, 2020FLW Homes suspends non-emergency work orders
- March 18, 2020Camp Zama housing inspectors ensure safe, clean, comfortable homes
- March 12, 2020Trinity Site Open House Cancelled
- March 10, 2020Marshall Center Cancels Two Resident Events as COVID-19 Preventive Measure
- March 6, 2020Single Soldier housing gets an upgrade
- March 5, 2020Industrial hygienist brings purpose, passion to Belvoir housing mission
- February 27, 2020Residents rave about post housing
- February 27, 2020Housing residents enjoy Taco Tuesday
- February 26, 2020'Who are the Resident Advisory Board members in your neighborhood?'
- February 25, 2020Camp Zama Self-Help Stores maintain useful inventory for housing residents