Doors open for the installation's annual Marne Tax Centers Jan. 23 on Fort Stewart and Jan. 24 on Hunter Army Airfield, to provide free tax assistance to the active duty Soldiers, retirees and their Families.The Fort Stewart Tax Center has moved to building 136, across from the Main Chapel, next door to the installation's Multi-Visual Information Center's Department of the Army photo lab. The Stewart hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Wednesday and Friday, and 1-6 p.m. each Thursday.Hunter's office remains the same as last year in the Hunter Legal Assistance Office, building 1211. The Hunter tax center hours are 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Wednesday and Friday, and 1-6 p.m. Last Year served more than 3,000 clients estimating nearly $4 million in refunds, and cost-savings of about $1.2 million in preparation fees.This year, the innovative self-service Kiosks return, offering clients free web-based tax preparation platforms such as TaxSlayer and H&R Block (through Military OneSource). The center will also have IRS-certified tax consultant's on-hand to help ensure the process runs as smoothly as possible.Capt. Dong Zee, the Marne Tax Center officer-in-charge noted this year, depending on staff availability, a very limited number of one-on-one tax preparation consultation appointments will be available. He said customers could help maximize the experience and their possible returns by reviewing the list of required documents and by setting up an account with Military OneSource at He said individuals with questions regarding the tax center operations or about volunteering with the center, can contact him at to bring: • W2/1099misc/ 1099SSA • Family mortgage interest statement (1098) • Power of attorney if necessary • Prior year tax return • Proof of dependent care expenses • Interest income statement (e.g., 1099INT • Identity theft pin • Dividend income statement (e.g., 1099DIV) • 1099B (for stocks/bonds) • Statements reflecting capital gains/loss • 1095 - Proof of medical insurance Coverage • Photo identification • Social security card for self and all members claiming on your return • Student loan interest statement • Divorce decree if applicable • Proof of educational expenses • HUD 1 statement (if home purchased during the tax year) • IRA/TSP contribution statements • Educator Expenses • Account and routing number for direct deposit/debit (cancelled check).