By Mr. John Satterwhite (FORSCOM)December 12, 2019
FORSCOM FRONTLINE, Volume IX, Issue 45:
● The top news item in the December 13, 2019 edition: Gen. MacArthur Award Winners Represent Duty, Honor, Country.
● Senior Leader -- "When you go out there and talk to industry leaders about the management of their people they will say that they are in a war for talent. That 'war on talent' is going to be a decisive factor on how we fight future wars. One of [the Army's] strengths is the people that we bring in and the leaders that we develop." -- Maj. Gen Joseph P. McGee, Director, Army Talent Management Task Force
● This week's On Point: Battalion Commander Assessment Program
● Modernization: Army People Strategy
● Meet Your Army: Sgt. 1st Class Brandon Vilt, D Company, 326th Brigade Engineer Battalion, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), earned top honors as the Unmanned Aircraft Systems Soldier of the Year for his outstanding accomplishments in support of Operation Inherent Resolve in Iraq.
● Information products from across the Army -- including:
-- I Corps and the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force (JGSDF) kicked off Yama Sakura 77 at the recent opening ceremony held in Camp Asaka, Japan.
-- The Marne Advocacy Resource Center recently honored a previous sexual assault response coordinator with the dedication of a garden in her honor on Fort Stewart.
-- FORSCOM announced the Career Counselor of the Year for the Active and Reserve Component after a recent competition on Fort Bragg, N.C.
-- The 82nd Airborne Division continued a Fort Bragg tradition by recently conducting the "Presents from Paratroopers" airborne operation.
-- Soldiers from I Corps recently competed for an internship at a local restaurant to broaden their professional skill sets in a distinct training environment.
To see more, visit https://www.dvidshub.net/publication/issues/50612.