Hundreds of 'Trees for Troops' available Dec. 7
By Joint Base Lewis-McChord Garrison Public AffairsDecember 6, 2019
JOINT BASE LEWIS-MCCHORD, Wash. -- Joint Base Lewis-McChord's Directorate of Family, Morale, Welfare and Recreation will accept a delivery of several hundred holiday trees donated by tree growers and their customers throughout the United States through the Trees for Troops program.
The trees are scheduled to be delivered Dec. 6 at JBLM's Fest Tent located on Lewis Main. Approximately 550 trees from the Christmas SPIRIT Foundation are expected to be delivered by FedEx. Junior enlisted service members, E-1 through E-5, will have the opportunity to select holiday trees starting at 3 p.m., on Dec. 7.
Trees for Troops has delivered more than 225,319 trees to service members and their families from every branch of the military in the United States and overseas.
The Christmas SPIRIT Foundation is a 501(c) (3) tax-exempt charitable organization that works to recognize and support the true spirit of Christmas for U.S. service members through the Trees for Troops program. The foundation was established in 2005 and is among the fewer than 5% of U.S. charities to be awarded the "Best in America" seal of excellence by Independent Charities of America.
- January 17, 2020Dental Health Activity - Italy Soldiers boost spirits of Italian children
- January 16, 2020A familair face takes over as 62nd AW commander
- January 15, 2020Congressional commission gathers McChord mishap data
- January 13, 2020Streaked horned larks take advantage of JBLM's open spaces
- January 13, 202010th Mountain Soldiers advance in competition for General MacArthur Leadership Award
- January 13, 2020Women join ranks of cavalry scouts in Nebraska
- January 9, 2020Wreaths for Warriors Walk; solemn honor on hallowed ground marks sacrifices of the Fallen, sacrifice
- January 9, 2020Eighth Army, 75 years ago today
- January 6, 2020Annual bird count records different species on post
- January 3, 2020Reserve Soldiers answer call to deliver mail on deployment
- December 31, 2019Workforce generosity brings hope to community
- December 30, 2019Signal Officer Connects Troops in the Middle East
- December 29, 2019Deployed Service Members Celebrate Christmas Eve Mass on Kandahar Airfield
- December 28, 2019Christmas Eve road march honors troops overseas
- December 23, 2019Santa delivers deployed Soldier home
- December 14, 2019Fort Sill holds 12th Annual Trees for Troops giveaway