Family Fun at Trunk-or-Treat Fall Festival
By 1st Lt. Shawn Ross, Joint Multinational Readiness Center Public AffairsOctober 28, 2019
HOHENFELS, Germany -- Children and parents donned their costumes as witches, wizards and ghouls for the annual Trunk-or-Treat event on Friday, Oct 25. 1st Battalion 4th Infantry Regiment hosted its popular annual Halloween party in the battalion parking lot again this year.
"The goal is to create a fun and safe environment for the Warrior community and their families to trunk or treat" said Lt. Col. Kevin Ryan, the Battalion Commander.
The Joint Multinational Readiness Center community members decorated their car trunks in a family-friendly fashion and handed out candy to local children. Vehicle designs this year ranged from a miniature fishing game, Napoleon Dynamite themed trunk, and a Chick-fil-a stand. This year's winner in the Trunk or Treat category was 1st Lt. Vicente Don Juan whose trunk was a miniature haunted house.
"The wife and kids love Halloween. It's always good to give back to the military kids," Don Juan said.Contest were also held for adult costume and child costume. The adult costume contest winner wore a port-o-john replica. This year's child costume winner was Stephen Miller's baby son dressed as Frodo (he dressed as Gandalf)."Our baby is an adventurer always looking to climb big mountains" said Jennie Miller who provided the inspiration for the costume to her spouse.
Children also had a variety of events to be able to participate in this year such as military vehicle rides, sack racing, and pumpkin painting. A "Spooktacular" haunted house was also set up for parents and children to be able to walk through.
- August 6, 2020Preparedness key when facing inclement weather, emergencies
- July 31, 2020US Army Europe European Best Warriors announced
- July 31, 2020Soldiers encouraged to get injuries, illnesses documented and treated before service ends
- July 30, 2020‘Life in a Day’ at Fort Leavenworth
- July 28, 2020NETCOM Recognizes Top Talent
- July 24, 2020Top dog training: Field feeding equipment integral part of Rakkasan contest
- July 24, 2020USAG Wiesbaden child care centers keep safety top of mind
- July 24, 2020"Army Child Development Programs"
- July 23, 2020Child and Youth services, others hiring at Fort Riley
- July 13, 2020It’s What’s Inside The Heart, Not The Color That Matters
- July 13, 2020Fort Polk fire inspector prevents child from wandering onto highway
- July 2, 2020Army announces 18th annual eCYBERMISSION winners
- June 19, 2020Scholarships for Military Children marks 20 years of success
- June 18, 2020Texas Guard team wins first NGB innovation competition