82nd ADSB launches new fitness program
By Sgt. 1st Class Jaquetta Z. GoodenOctober 25, 2019
Paratroopers with the 82nd Airborne Division Sustainment Brigade participated in a four day holistic health and fitness training initiative in preparation for the recent implementation of the Army Combat Fitness Test.The Human Performance Optimization/ Army Combat Fitness Test Lite Program serves as a train-the-trainer geared towards holistic health and fitness that generates lethal Paratroopers who are physically, mentally, and spiritually ready to engage with and overmatch the enemy in multi-domain operations.Sgt. 1st Class Jason Cound, 82nd ADSB Master Fitness Trainer, launched a robust fitness program for 82nd ADSB Paratroopers which includes; the 18th Airborne Corps Soldier Performance Readiness Training Agoge Bridge Program or SPARTA, weekly aquatics sessions, and spin classes, to improve the overall physical readiness aimed at reducing injuring rates."We launched a health and fitness initiative to train Paratroopers across our formations on functional fitness, performance nutrition, exercise programming, and rehabilitation to ensure we provide them with a toolset to developed proper principles of fitness," says Cound.The goal of the HPO/ACFT Lite Program is to appoint company and battalion level trainers across the brigade."It's important to have trainers at the battalion and company level because each unit has unique operational demands. HPO trainers will serve as the quality control element to ensure the unit is meeting operational and training requirements as it pertains to HPO," explained Cound.The age-and gender-neutral ACFT is the physical component of the Army's Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) System to train Soldiers through physical readiness, appropriate nutrition, quality sleep, and other preventive care, to reduce injuries, be combat ready and live a healthier lifestyle.
The Army aims to increase readiness by training and assessing the physical capacity of Soldiers to perform common warfighting tasks.
- March 24, 2020Schofield Barracks on ‘TAP’ to offer elite athlete program
- March 23, 2020Spiritually, mentally and physically - Settling is not an option
- March 20, 2020Soldier Center researchers attend all-important Soldier physical performance forum
- March 12, 2020Camp Humphreys Provost Marshal awards "Officer of the Month"
- March 12, 2020Culinary training exercise completes fifth day
- March 11, 2020Missiles 101 informs most deployed formation
- March 10, 2020446th AW Reserve Citizen Airmen tap into spiritual fitness
- March 9, 202025th ID crowns Best CBRN Warrior
- March 6, 2020Getting Soldiers ready to grade the new Army Combat Fitness Test
- March 5, 2020Army Combat Fitness Test: Training with local personal trainers
- March 5, 2020Quality an important factor in production metrics
- March 4, 2020Sharing the turf: FLW's 1st Engr. Bde. opens their indoor ACFT testing area to other units during in
- March 3, 2020In Transition; In with the New
- February 29, 2020First Army religious affairs sergeant major has long history of leadership excellence
- February 28, 2020H2F initiative improves Thunderbolt Soldiers' Wellness
- February 28, 2020Army Aviation's Future Generation Engine Completes Successful Fit Test