WEST POINT CADET FOUND DEAD
By U.S. Military Academy Public AffairsOctober 23, 2019
WEST POINT, N.Y. -- Cadet Kade Kurita, 20, from Gardena, California, was found dead Tuesday, Oct. 22, at 9:47 p.m. at West Point.
"We are grieving this loss and our thoughts and prayers go out to Cadet Kurita's family and friends" said Lt. Gen. Darryl Williams, 60th superintendent, U.S. Military Academy.
Kurita was unaccounted for since Friday, Oct. 18, at approximately 5:30 p.m. when he failed to report for a scheduled military skills competition.
The cause of death is under investigation, but foul play is not suspected.
The West Point Military Police, New York State police, Coast Guard, CSX railroad police, local police, and the 23rd Military Police Company from Fort Drum, N.Y., assisted in an extensive search over the last four days.
"I would like to thank the N.Y. State police and the 23rd MP Company along with partners," said Williams. "They exhibited exceptional professionalism as demonstrated by their tremendous efforts in searching for Cadet Kurita."
- October 29, 2019NY Soldiers, Airmen represent US at South African contest
- October 29, 2019TRADOC names 6th MP Det. best in command for fiscal year 2019
- October 28, 2019Cadets learn to choose harder right over easier wrong at U.S. Military Academy West Point
- October 28, 2019Capt. Lindsay Heisler receives 2019 Nininger Award for actions in Afghanistan
- October 28, 2019Shedding light on acquisition helps cadets consider future career options
- October 24, 2019Cadets, ADDAS Project developing products for Soldiers in combat
- October 24, 2019Ethical questions of war challenged at EWPC
- October 24, 2019Agencies come together in search efforts for missing cadet
- October 23, 2019MPs talk international interoperability training
- October 22, 2019Search continues for Class of 2021 Cadet Kade Kurita
- October 21, 2019West Point Cadet Missing
- October 17, 2019Cadet Media Group capturing life of cadets in video, photos
- October 17, 2019Dierks Bentley set to play Michie Stadium Friday
- October 10, 2019Hispanic cadets show talent as first generation college students
- October 7, 2019West Point cadets build important connections with Army War College international fellows