Accountability, output highlight focus of AMC CG's visit to ACC
By LTC Vinston PorterSeptember 19, 2019
During a quarterly update to the Army Materiel Command, the Army Contracting Command discussed workload capacity and analysis, accountability, and contracting output in relation to readiness.
Gen. Gus Perna, AMC commander, received briefings Sept. 11 from Maj. Gen. Paul Pardew, ACC commanding general, as well as other leaders from ACC's subordinate commands and centers.
Additional topics during the update included strategic support for focus areas as well as ACC's support to other major commands.
Throughout the briefing, Perna stressed the importance of accountability and with less focus on the number of contracts and dollar amounts."It's not about the money and the contracts. It's about the output," Perna said.
He further emphasized that outputs and end states can't be mechanical and that the key question leaders should ask themselves is "what is it that we really want to achieve with a contract?"
Perna also recognized several ACC members for excellence in their respective fields. Receiving an AMC commander's coin were Raymond Jones (G-6), Steve Wical (ConOps Field Support Division), Maj. Ronald Jackson (G-3), Jessica Ely (ACC-Redstone), Maxie Pooler (ACC-Redstone) and Michelle Miller (ACC-Warren, Michigan).
Perna reminded the group of his strong support for ACC and to be unafraid to contact him for help if it's needed.
"All commanders are responsible for three main things: having a vision, equipping the staff with the proper resources to accomplish the mission whether it is time, personnel or money and to mitigate risks. That's my job. It's not a favor. It's my job," he said.
- September 10, 2020Two ACC-RI employees graduate from Journey to Leadership II
- September 4, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Army Emergency Management Program
- September 3, 2020MSC-A: Supporting U.S. Army museums
- September 3, 2020Blue Grass Army Depot Performance Adds Muscle to “Munitions Readiness”
- September 1, 2020AMC senior health official explains COVID-19 testing
- September 1, 2020Fort Drum physical therapy staff enhances skills with McKenzie Method
- August 31, 2020CECOM updates AMC commander on inclusion, financial stewardship efforts during inaugural brief
- August 27, 2020ACC-RI EAGLE Team supports Fort Bragg’s Logistics Support Services
- August 18, 2020ACC fosters inclusion, highlights contracting efforts to fight COVID-19
- August 17, 2020AMC CG promotes Project Inclusion during quarterly visit
- August 13, 2020People First, Readiness, Modernization and Reform Focus of JMC Quarterly Update
- August 11, 2020AMC resource manager encourages local small business owners to partner
- August 4, 2020AMC protects the workforce, enhances quality of life amid COVID-19
- July 27, 2020Collecting convalescent plasma to knock out COVID-19