Accountability, output highlight focus of AMC CG's visit to ACC
By LTC Vinston PorterSeptember 19, 2019
During a quarterly update to the Army Materiel Command, the Army Contracting Command discussed workload capacity and analysis, accountability, and contracting output in relation to readiness.
Gen. Gus Perna, AMC commander, received briefings Sept. 11 from Maj. Gen. Paul Pardew, ACC commanding general, as well as other leaders from ACC's subordinate commands and centers.
Additional topics during the update included strategic support for focus areas as well as ACC's support to other major commands.
Throughout the briefing, Perna stressed the importance of accountability and with less focus on the number of contracts and dollar amounts."It's not about the money and the contracts. It's about the output," Perna said.
He further emphasized that outputs and end states can't be mechanical and that the key question leaders should ask themselves is "what is it that we really want to achieve with a contract?"
Perna also recognized several ACC members for excellence in their respective fields. Receiving an AMC commander's coin were Raymond Jones (G-6), Steve Wical (ConOps Field Support Division), Maj. Ronald Jackson (G-3), Jessica Ely (ACC-Redstone), Maxie Pooler (ACC-Redstone) and Michelle Miller (ACC-Warren, Michigan).
Perna reminded the group of his strong support for ACC and to be unafraid to contact him for help if it's needed.
"All commanders are responsible for three main things: having a vision, equipping the staff with the proper resources to accomplish the mission whether it is time, personnel or money and to mitigate risks. That's my job. It's not a favor. It's my job," he said.
- May 19, 2020Garrison Commanders are the center of gravity in the fight against COVID-19
- May 19, 2020Hungry for Acquisition Reform
- May 18, 2020Army general to co-lead Operation Warp Speed for COVID-19 vaccine
- May 14, 2020Accountability vital to success for employees, ANAD
- May 14, 2020CPI focuses on Paladin value stream
- May 1, 2020Hearing loss prevention focus of Better Hearing and Speech Month
- April 29, 2020Utilizing GCSS-Army to Record Maintenance Work Time to Benefit an Organization
- April 27, 2020Organic industrial base supports Army COVID-19 response
- April 24, 2020USAISEC leader makes people focus of COVID-19 response
- April 22, 2020'Stand for Mil Kids' Yongsan CDC gets NAEYC accreditation
- April 21, 2020DOD providing leave leniency due to COVID-19 travel restrictions
- April 17, 2020Perna commends CECOM initiatives, COVID-19 actions at quarterly briefing
- April 14, 2020Logistics Civilian Support Structure: What Size is the Right Size?