International Troops participate in Urban Patrol Lane
By Spc. Dustin JordanAugust 5, 2019
Danish and Canadian nationals participated in the Urban Patrol Lane on West Camp Rapid during the Golden Coyote exercise, June 14, 2019.The 41 Canadian Brigade teamed with the Danish Home Guard to test their unit tactics in three simulated training exercise scenarios.
The scenarios at the Urban Patrol Lane include moving as an element, clearing of buildings, and securing and seizing a high value target."The lane provides the building blocks for small element infantry tactics," said Maj. Bracken Robinson, Urban Patrol Lane Officer in Charge, South Dakota Army National Guard. "Some of the things we cover are element formations as well as hand and arm signals"Allied partners bring a unique style of operations to the scenarios that differ from U.S. Army tactics."They have different techniques all the way down to hand and arm signals and how the secure prisoners," said Robinson. "They are all very similar but it's the small things that make a world of difference."There are three goals that Maj. Robinson has whenever units come through the lane, safety, tactical refinement, and fun for the Soldiers participating in the lane."Safety is paramount because I want Soldiers to return back to their unit in a fit manner," Said Robinson.
"It is also important that they learn some tactical lessons and that they have fun and enjoy the training."The 35th annual Golden Coyote Training Exercise provides a simulated environment that challenges Soldiers and emphasizes basic soldiering skills in a realistic environment."Soldiers often say that this is the best experience that they have had in their military career," said Robinson, "This is an engaging lane that we have here at the Golden Coyote Training Exercise and it puts together a full day of learning and fun."
- July 8, 2020READY AND RESPONSIVE -- Fort Rucker emergency response forces exercise active-shooter scenario
- July 1, 2020Connecticut Guard's 250th MRBC conducts breach training
- June 30, 2020250th MRBC Conducts Breach Training
- June 25, 2020Northern Strike remains Guard’s premier joint fires exercise
- June 25, 2020FORSCOM Frontline
- June 22, 2020Polish, US joint exercise Allied Spirit successfully concludes in Poland
- June 17, 2020First Team, Two Continents
- June 16, 2020Urban Search and Rescue conducts training course at Fort Leonard Wood
- June 10, 2020Despite COVID-19 setbacks, Veterinary Corps interns create training legacy
- June 3, 2020W.Va. Guard holds exercise to prepare for simultaneous missions
- June 1, 2020Fort Knox Youth creates innovative five-week virtual exercise regimen
- May 29, 2020DoDEA schools move online
- May 27, 2020904th CBN conducts virtual validation exercise
- May 27, 2020PRNG works through disaster scenarios
- May 27, 2020Rucker Lanes snack bar reopens for takeout orders
- May 22, 2020MWR highlights Phase 1 open establishments