Weapon Systems Handbook
By ASA(ALT)November 20, 2019
(NOTE: The latest edition of the Weapon Systems Handbook was updated in July 2019, but is still titled "Weapon Systems Handbook 2018." To access the this document, click on the link below, under "Related Documents" or navigate to the following URL: https://www.army.mil/e2/c/downloads/558424.pdf)******This biennial publication details the U.S. Army's major weapon systems and equipment programs, as well as our Science and Technology initiatives.With responsibility for several hundred programs, the U.S. Army Acquisition Corps and larger Army Acquisition Workforce -- comprised of more than 39,000 military and civilian professionals -- have the unique and solemn responsibility of providing the materiel solutions that ensure our Soldiers are equipped and ready for any mission, anywhere in the world. They depend on us to get it right.With program descriptions, status and specifications, projected activities, as well as benefits to the Soldier, this handbook is designed to give you a better understanding of our efforts to provide Soldiers with the advanced, world-class capabilities they need to win our nation's wars and come home safely.This year, we are also showcasing the individual organizations that collectively form the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics and Technology) (ASA(ALT)), as well as the important work they do to make the Total Army more lethal, capable and efficient.We hope that you find this handbook a valuable and informative resource.
- October 9, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | U.S. Army Cloud Plan
- September 8, 2020Army 3Rs Explosives Safety Program
- June 25, 2020Army announces selection of interim C-sUAS systems
- May 12, 2020U.S. Army Cadet Command makes changes to summer training programs in response to COVID-19
- May 1, 2020Army REF deploys thermal imaging sensors
- February 7, 2020Army aggressively moves forward on OMFV, seeks industry input on path forward
- January 16, 2020Army decides to cancel current OMFV solicitation
- November 5, 2019Army Warrior Care and Transition Program Restructures
- October 28, 2019U.S. Army proposes innovative solution for historic housing
- September 30, 2019Army program helps Soldiers recover, overcome with music
- September 12, 2019Army Announces 2017 Superior Supplier Incentive Program List
- September 12, 2019Enforcement of Defense Enterprise Email Mailbox Size Limit Underway
- September 12, 2019U.S. Army releases DCGS-A Increment 2 'request for proposals'