2ID/RUCD welcomes new deputy commanding officer, farewells another
By Sgt. Ian Vega-CerezoJune 12, 2019
CAMP HUMPHREYS, Republic of Korea - Warriors of 2nd Infantry Division/ROK-U.S. Combined Division welcomed their new deputy commanding officer-support, Col. Guy Jones, during a Patch Ceremony at Robertson Field on Camp Humphreys, June 12.
The ceremony signified a change of responsibility between the outgoing and incoming deputy commanders.
"Guy's reputation as a warfighter precedes him and he's no stranger to operations on the peninsula," said Maj. Gen. D. Scott McKean, commanding general, 2ID/RUCD. "With plenty of Pacific experience, Guy is exactly the right officer to join the Warrior team and continue the legacy of top notch leadership in the division.
"I can just tell you he's got dogged determination, he's an awesome leader and he can make things happen."
Jones, a native of Texarkana, Texas, began his second tour with 2ID/RUCD today and says he's eager to begin work as a leader on the "Second to None" team.
"It's an honor to serve in this fine division, the only combined division in the United States Army," said Jones. "I look forward to working with the entire team, meeting the commanding general's intent and guidance to make sure that we are prepared to fight tonight."
Preceding the Patch Ceremony, the outgoing DCG-S, Brig. Gen. Michael C. McCurry, was recognized with the Order of National Security Merit Cheonsu Medal signed by South Korean President Moon, Jae-in and the Legion of Merit presented by McKean.
"It's really all about the Warriors out there who stand ready to defend this republic and uphold the alliance every day," said McCurry. "It has been the honor of my life to stand alongside you as a part of this ironclad alliance forged in blood almost 70 years ago."
- January 12, 2021U.S. Army STAND-TO! | “What’s Your Warrior?” Chapter 2
- December 21, 2020U.S. Army Hosts the DoD Warrior Games in September 2021
- December 8, 2020Secretary McCarthy holds Fort Hood Leaders Accountable, Announces New Investigations
- November 20, 2020U.S. Army Europe and Africa Commands consolidate
- October 15, 2020Army housing improves with continued investments
- September 1, 2020Army announcement on Fort Hood leadership
- August 21, 2020Army announces its service component command for U.S. Space Command
- May 12, 2020U.S. Army Cadet Command makes changes to summer training programs in response to COVID-19
- September 12, 2019CSM Michael Grinston selected as 16th Sergeant Major of the Army
- September 12, 2019September 2017 Nominative Sergeants Major Assignments
- September 12, 2019PCS Week offers info for a successful PCS move
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division deploy
- September 12, 2019Army Medical Command Releases First Ever Health Of The Force Report
- September 12, 2019TWO BRIGADES FROM 4TH INFANTRY DIVISION TO DEPLOY TO AFGHANISTAN