2ID/RUCD welcomes new deputy commanding officer, farewells another
By Sgt. Ian Vega-CerezoJune 12, 2019
CAMP HUMPHREYS, Republic of Korea - Warriors of 2nd Infantry Division/ROK-U.S. Combined Division welcomed their new deputy commanding officer-support, Col. Guy Jones, during a Patch Ceremony at Robertson Field on Camp Humphreys, June 12.
The ceremony signified a change of responsibility between the outgoing and incoming deputy commanders.
"Guy's reputation as a warfighter precedes him and he's no stranger to operations on the peninsula," said Maj. Gen. D. Scott McKean, commanding general, 2ID/RUCD. "With plenty of Pacific experience, Guy is exactly the right officer to join the Warrior team and continue the legacy of top notch leadership in the division.
"I can just tell you he's got dogged determination, he's an awesome leader and he can make things happen."
Jones, a native of Texarkana, Texas, began his second tour with 2ID/RUCD today and says he's eager to begin work as a leader on the "Second to None" team.
"It's an honor to serve in this fine division, the only combined division in the United States Army," said Jones. "I look forward to working with the entire team, meeting the commanding general's intent and guidance to make sure that we are prepared to fight tonight."
Preceding the Patch Ceremony, the outgoing DCG-S, Brig. Gen. Michael C. McCurry, was recognized with the Order of National Security Merit Cheonsu Medal signed by South Korean President Moon, Jae-in and the Legion of Merit presented by McKean.
"It's really all about the Warriors out there who stand ready to defend this republic and uphold the alliance every day," said McCurry. "It has been the honor of my life to stand alongside you as a part of this ironclad alliance forged in blood almost 70 years ago."
- May 27, 2020U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Far East District, completes construction of 3rd generation hardened aircraft shelters at Kunsan Air Base
- May 21, 2020Housing briefings guide Soldiers ‘home’
- May 20, 2020Southern Resident Office foresees on-time completion for $54 million warehouse construction project
- May 18, 2020Garrison task force leads contact tracing during COVID-19
- May 15, 2020Humphreys introduces ‘Operation Outdoor 007’
- May 15, 2020Housing Work Order submission now online
- May 14, 2020Dr. Myra S. Gray Biography
- May 12, 2020USO appreciates military spouses with giveaways
- May 12, 2020Volunteer of the Year winners receive ‘shout-out’ from garrison commander
- May 11, 2020Promotion, farewell ceremony honors deputy commander
- May 11, 2020Brig. Gen. James Bienlien
- May 6, 2020SMDC’s deputy commander for operations promoted to brigadier general
- April 30, 2020Humphreys breaks ground for new Army lodging facility
- April 30, 2020Humphreys celebrates Earth Day