Independence Day: USAG Italy's Caserma Ederle to host annual event July 4
By James BrooksJune 17, 2019
VICENZA, Italy (June 12, 2019) - USAG Italy will host its annual Independence Day Celebration July 4 from 4 p.m. until midnight on the Caserma Ederle Athletic Field and Track.The free event celebrating the nation's independence will be open to the public, and will feature fireworks, music, food and family fun, according to Family and Morale Welfare and Recreation organizers.SCHEDULE OF EVENTSVendor Field
4-11:45 p.m. -- Food and craft vendors open.
4-11:45 p.m. -- Rides operation -- fees vary, some activities may close early.Food and beverage sales by U.S. organizations and clubs are in U.S. dollars and euros. Beer sales are in euros.Kids Fun Zone
4-11:45 p.m. -- Kids rides and games-fees apply. Tickets can be purchased in euros.There will be no ATM services available at the athletic field.Athletic Field Stage
4 p.m. Open microphone
6:30 p.m. Elena Tavella & the Nashville Tales
9:30 p.m. Cindy & the Rock History
10:30 p.m. Fireworks
11:00 p.m. Cindy & the Rock History
11:45 p.m. Celebration ends. Everyone must exit Caserma EderlePROHIBITED ITEMS• No coolers, tote bags, backpacks or containers, helmetsor trekking poles/sticks are allowed on the grounds except for medical and baby care items.
• No fireworks or smoke canisters of any kind.
• No glass containers.
• No pets allowed due to safety concerns. All service dogs must be clearly marked on their harness or collar. If animals are not properly marked, owners will be asked to take their dog home.
• No roller blades, bicycles, skateboards, hoverboards or scooters.
• No Drones.
• No laser pointers.
• No political or offensive banners/objectsAll bags will be searched by Carabinieri and prohibited items will be confiscated.VISITOR ACCESS POLICYPublic and Unescorted visitors planning to attend the Independence Day celebration will enter at Gate 4B (via Barnaba Pizzardi) between 4 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.DoD I.D. cardholders with sign-in privileges may register up to four adults (18 and older) as guests through Pass and Badge Office prior to June 21. Minors under the age of 18 must also be registered but do not count towards the four-guest limit. Guest registration forms and email address can be found on the home page of the garrison website; https://home.army.mil/italy. Sponsors will be informed when badges are ready for pick-up no later than July 1. Those who escort visitors are vouching for their guests and must escort them everywhere while on-post.There will be NO guest registration or sign-in privileges on July 4.GATE INFORMATIONGate 1 (Main Gate) will maintain normal operations for DoD I.D. Card holders with installation access. Between 4 p.m. and 11:59 p.m. only DoD I.D. Card holders and registered guests accompanied by the sponsor will be authorized entry.Gate 2 (Chapel Gate) will remain open for pedestrian traffic and will be open from 9:30 p.m. until 2 a.m. July 5 for exiting vehicle traffic.Gate 4B This is the only entry for all visitors (pedestrians only) from 4 p.m. until 10:30 p.m.Gate 5 (Health Center Gate) will be open for exiting guests (pedestrians only) from 4 p.m. until the Athletic Field is cleared.DAY OF THE EVENT INFORMATIONFollow U.S. Army Garrison Facebook page for day-of-the-event updates. https://www.facebook.com/VMCItaly/
- June 1, 2020Zama Middle High School celebrates modified prom
- May 28, 2020Army’s C5ISR Center to host virtual technical interchange with industry
- May 26, 2020Families remember loved ones buried at Fort Knox during Memorial Day open visitation
- May 22, 2020Air Operations at Fort Hunter Liggett
- May 21, 2020FORSCOM Frontline
- May 21, 2020Mobile Texas National Guard team conducts COVID-19 tests
- May 20, 2020BACH Dietitians launch nutrition mini-series for beneficiaries sheltering at home
- May 19, 2020Corps Completes Lore City Wastewater Collection System Upgrades
- May 18, 2020Severe spring weather season arrives in Kansas: Build a Kit, part 4
- May 14, 2020NY Guard NCO says Filipino roots make him a better leader
- May 14, 2020Dr. Myra S. Gray Biography
- May 12, 2020PM Close Combat Squad provides Guardsmen Situational Awareness in fight against COVID-19
- May 11, 20201st Armored Division Marks Ninth Anniversary at Fort Bliss
- May 6, 2020Essential to the effort: Our unsung heroes at the gate