Department of the Army announces upcoming III Corps Headquarters deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsMay 31, 2019
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the fall 2019 deployment of the III Corps Headquarters, stationed at Fort Hood, Texas, to Iraq.
As part of the regular rotation of forces, III Corps Headquarters will replace XVIII Airborne Corps Headquarters, as the headquarters of the Combined Joint Task Force-Operation Inherent Resolve.
"The III Corps has a distinguished history of combat success, and our Soldiers have trained several months for this important mission," said Command Sgt. Maj. Daniel Hendrex, III Corps command sergeant major. "Our headquarters is ready, again, to lead operations against Daesh (ISIS) with our coalition nations and partner organizations to create enduring security in the region."
For more information, visit http://www.forthoodpresscenter.com or call the Fort Hood Public Affairs Office at 254-287-9993/0106.
- September 9, 201925ID Sling Load Operation
- September 9, 201925ID Sling Load Operations
- September 2, 2019Incremental relationships with incremental warrior skills at Rising Thunder (1 of 3)
- August 29, 2019Ft. Hood opens Army Technology Integration Center, bonding testing, academic, community partners
- August 28, 2019Husband and wife, both three-star generals, share secrets to dual Family success
- August 27, 2019Surgical team completes mission in Syria
- August 26, 2019Marines battle through the Martial Arts Instructor course
- August 23, 2019Army Lodging Awards announced
- August 19, 2019Hawaii Army Reserve Soldier honored at Cowboys-Rams game
- August 16, 2019Army announces upcoming 2nd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division unit rotation
- August 16, 2019Army announces upcoming 3rd Security Force Assistance Brigade unit rotation
- August 14, 2019Pospisil assumes responsibility as Corps CSM