Department of the Army announces upcoming III Corps Headquarters deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsMay 31, 2019
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the fall 2019 deployment of the III Corps Headquarters, stationed at Fort Hood, Texas, to Iraq.
As part of the regular rotation of forces, III Corps Headquarters will replace XVIII Airborne Corps Headquarters, as the headquarters of the Combined Joint Task Force-Operation Inherent Resolve.
"The III Corps has a distinguished history of combat success, and our Soldiers have trained several months for this important mission," said Command Sgt. Maj. Daniel Hendrex, III Corps command sergeant major. "Our headquarters is ready, again, to lead operations against Daesh (ISIS) with our coalition nations and partner organizations to create enduring security in the region."
For more information, visit http://www.forthoodpresscenter.com or call the Fort Hood Public Affairs Office at 254-287-9993/0106.
- January 9, 2020Texas college students explore government job options with equipment testing unit
- January 9, 2020836th Trans. Bn. participates in bilateral port operation at Tomokamai
- January 9, 2020Army spouse helps open new food franchise in the KMCC
- January 9, 2020Housing town hall offers progress update, three-strike warning
- January 9, 2020'Snug' New Tech Protects Hearing, Mission Efficiency for Military Dogs
- January 8, 2020Army Reserve Air Traffic Services Company redeploys from USCENTCOM mission
- January 8, 2020Detroit Arsenal employee places in Department of the Army OPSEC Awards
- January 8, 2020Eighth Army fiscal year 2019 organization safety awards handed out
- January 6, 2020Army Recovery Care Program: Different name, mission the same
- January 3, 2020Joint Planners establish International Maritime Security Construct Headquarters
- January 2, 2020Soldier-athletes attend All-Army Hockey camp at Fort Drum
- December 22, 2019Innovative thinking at Mount Morris Dam saves taxpayers' time and money
- December 17, 2019DA G-1 Sergeant Major and HRC Command Sergeant Major discuss enlisted talent management
- December 16, 20199th Hospital Center changes command
- December 13, 2019Standing down for safety keeps Soldiers safe on Texas roads