Korean students learn, rock out to Army's band
By Sgt. Christopher DennisApril 28, 2019
U.S. Army Garrison Humphreys' Deputy Garrison Commander Paul Stuart and the Eighth Army Band visited students at Cheongdam Middle/High School, April 10.More than 400 Korean students gathered in the auditorium for Stuart's special message and entertainment from the band.Stuart spoke about the U.S. Military-Korean Peninsula history, the USAG Humphreys development and its effect on the Pyeongtaek community and the surrounding areas."We're here because of an agreement that exist between our two nations," said Stuart. "We're not here because the U.S. says we need to be, we are here because we have been invited to be present in your country."He went on to explain the community relationships between the U.S. Military and Korea, and the growth of Camp Humphreys."Camp Humphreys will continue to grow in the next five years," he said. "We are very excited to be here with you all to share each other's experiences, culture, and food. Thank you for inviting us to be here with you today."Following the lecture, students enjoyed and danced as the band performed a variety of Korean music to include K-pop songs.The band's lead singer, Spc. Trinity Colvin, said she felt a connection with the students."I really enjoyed being able to dance with the students as well as taking pictures with them," she said."I'm not sure what battles they may be facing, but for a moment out of their lives, I was able to be a part of the reason as to why they had a smile on their faces."
- March 30, 2020Picatinny childcare educators use video to reach out to students, families during pandemic
- March 27, 2020501st Military Intelligence Brigade Trains SHARP Ambassadors
- March 27, 2020The U.S. Army Concert Band "Love and Light"
- March 25, 2020Florida National Guard's Army Band helps fight COVID-19
- March 25, 2020USAISEC expertise powers cutting-edge 2nd Infantry Division cyber operations center
- March 23, 2020Army to test new tech program at select schools
- March 20, 2020Student, scholar, booster among required roles for Chief of Ordnance
- March 19, 2020Women’s History Month 2020: Valiant Women of the Vote
- March 18, 2020Fort Knox Schools preparing to begin distance learning March 19
- March 16, 2020Army offering bonuses for new infantry recruits
- March 12, 2020Camp Humphreys Provost Marshal awards "Officer of the Month"
- March 12, 2020Fort Leavenworth Garrison Town Hall focuses on inbound students, families
- March 12, 2020Greywolf returns home from 9-month Korean rotation
- March 11, 2020Leaders meet to improve quality of life for unaccompanied service members in barracks
- March 11, 2020High school students tour Hunter Army Airfield
- March 4, 2020USAG Humphreys Screening Process Information