Two brothers, both priests, to be buried together on Arlington's Chaplains Hill
By Eric Jorgensen, Chaplain CorpsApril 19, 2019
PENTAGON, D.C. (Apr. 19, 2019) - On Wednesday, Apr. 24 2019, two brothers who grew up in a large Irish Catholic family, and who both became priests and decorated military chaplains, will be reunited in Arlington National Cemetery, in Arlington, Va. The ceremony is scheduled for 1 p.m.
The ashes of Rev. Francis "Frank" Brett, who died two years ago at 86, will be placed in the grave with the remains of his brother, the Rev. Robert Brett. Robert was interred at Arlington in 1998, in a ceremony three decades after his death at age 32. He was killed in action in 1968, while serving as a Navy chaplain in Vietnam.
Stirred by the death of his brother, Frank became an Army chaplain and soon deployed to Vietnam, like Robert had. Frank was a chaplain for 30 years, until he retired from the Army in 1998.
Chaplains Hill is located in Section 2 of Arlington National Cemetery.
- August 14, 2019Strong Bonds
- August 12, 2019USAG Daegu, 19th ESC host 'Make a Wish' event at Camp Carroll
- August 8, 2019Spiritual fitness hike leads DLI students to nature
- August 2, 2019Benelux religious support personnel honor WWII chaplains
- August 1, 2019Brothers bond, find motivation in each other on deployment
- July 30, 2019Military Funeral Honors with Funeral Escort Are Conducted For U.S. Army Private 1st Class John Taylo
- July 30, 2019From slide rule to role model: Longtime project manager set to retire from Norfolk District
- July 25, 2019Soldiers at Eskan Village want to erase a tragic statistic
- July 25, 2019Jackson events aims at spiritual fitness
- July 25, 2019Chaplain, assistant put the 'T' in Unit Ministry Team
- July 19, 201914th MP Brigade welcomes Arnold
- July 18, 2019Family life chaplains resource the Army by resourcing the family
- July 18, 2019Wounded Soldier message: Do as I say, not as I did
- July 17, 201910th Mountain Division's senior religious leader receives denominational Chaplain of the Year award
- July 9, 2019The Cal Guard's Thunderbolt Brigade reunites in the field at Camp Roberts for Annual Training 2019
- July 8, 2019Female chaplain's mission field is with Wisconsin troops