Scavenger hunt highlights Month of the Military Child
By Amanda Ravenstein, 1st Inf. Div. PostApril 17, 2019
Beginning April 1, families can participate in a Month of the Military Child Selfie Scavenger Hunt sponsored by Fort Riley's Child and Youth Services.To get involved, families can visit CYS Parent Central, 6620 Normandy Rd., to pick up their scavenger hunt checklist. The checklist has locations around Fort Riley where families can visit and take a selfie."It's a low-key event, but an opportunity for families to have fun together while they work through the checklist," said Amelia Knapp, Outreach Services director, Child & Youth Services, Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation.At some of the locations, the task is as simple as taking a picture with a brochure or sign and at others, families will need to be a little more involved in the activity.Once the checklist is completed, the photos must be submitted to the CYS mailbox, firstname.lastname@example.org before April 30 for the chance to win prizes.
For more information, call CYS Parent Central at 785-239-9885.
- January 8, 2021U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Army Installations Strategy
- September 14, 2020An innovative solution for historic Army housing
- June 3, 2020Message to the Army Force regarding its continued support to civil authorities
- November 6, 2019Army to launch additional housing satisfaction surveys
- October 2, 2019Army senior leaders discuss progress in reforming the Military Privatized Housing Initiative
- September 12, 2019Army to conduct survey gauging resident satisfaction with privatized housing
- September 12, 2019US Military plans release of Tenant Bill of Rights
- September 12, 2019Army senior leaders continue to examine homes, meet with families
- September 12, 2019PCS Week offers info for a successful PCS move