Garrison community supports Ansbach city spring clean-up
By Cornelia SummersApril 11, 2019
ANSBACH, Germany (April 6, 2019) -- Early Saturday morning about 50 U.S. Army Garrison members volunteered, joining Ansbach citizens to support the city's annual "Saub(ä)er" spring clean-up project.
As in previous years, Soldiers, Army Professionals, family members and the Girls and Cub Scouts focused on picking up plastics and other garbage scattered around footpaths near fields and on sidewalks, at the Kasernes of Katterbach, Urlas, Bleidorn and Barton.
By noon, volunteers had filled some 40 large garbage bags, according to Daniel Wörnlein, acting environmental chief, Department of Public Works. "We collected these bags along each of the clean-up routes and delivered them to a local drop-off point," said Wörnlein, who, with the Environment Management Division team, had organized the clean-up event for garrison members.
The clean-up effort ended at noon with a free luncheon at the invitation of Ansbach Lord Mayor Carda Seidel.
To view more photos of the event, visit https://www.flickr.com/photos/usagansbachphotos/albums/72157708052057134
- April 5, 2019Community Baby Shower in Ansbach draws crowd
- April 4, 2019West Point working toward cleaning up housing issues
- April 3, 2019Vietnam Vets honored in Ansbach
- April 1, 2019George Stueber, Fort Benning deputy garrison commander, retires after 53 years of federal service
- March 29, 2019USAREUR CG visits USAG Ansbach
- March 29, 2019Farewell, Mr. Baumholder
- March 28, 2019Louisville author Robert Brooks will sign copies of first book at Fort Knox library April 11
- March 27, 2019Garrison builds lasting community partnerships
- March 26, 2019Commander's hotline addresses post residents' needs
- March 21, 2019Fort Sill sergeant watches livestream of Gitmo Sailors cleaning his father's memorial
- March 19, 2019Deputy garrison commander reflects on Fort McCoy
- March 19, 2019U.S. Army Garrison Italy seeks proposals for build-to-lease housing project
- March 15, 2019Garrison, community leaders gather at Fort Campbell to discuss partnerships
- March 13, 2019Notes from the Garrison
- March 11, 2019U.S. Army Garrison Japan Soldiers don Army Materiel Command patch
- March 5, 2019Ansbach Career Service Recognition ceremony celebrates employees from 5 to 50 years of service