Army Ground Vehicle Center's Grein promoted to Senior Executive Service
By Douglas Halleaux, CCDC GVSCMarch 22, 2019
DETROIT ARSENAL, MICHIGAN-The U.S. Army inducted one of its newest members of the Senior Executive Service (SES) Friday, March 15, in a ceremony at its Warren installation.Mr. Alfred Grein, previously an Associate Director and Deputy Executive Director at the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) Ground Vehicle Systems Center (GVSC), was also sworn-in as the center's Executive Director for Research & Technology Integration.Grein, accompanied by his closest family and friends and attended by hundreds of colleagues in the Army civilian service, was presented with the SES office symbols and oath by Maj. Gen. Cedric Wins, Commanding General, CCDC.The U.S. Government Senior Executive Service, established in 1978, includes men and women charged with the management of major government programs and initiatives. Members of the SES provide important continuity throughout the government and represent a key link between the Nation's elected and appointed leaders and the federal civilian service workforce.Grein is a retired U.S. Army officer, having served in various roles since his commissioning from the United States Military Academy in 1987. Prior to his retirement, his final duty station was at the Detroit Arsenal where he served as the Military Deputy for GVSC then the Program Manager for Medium Tactical Vehicles.His duties as the Executive Director for Research & Technology Integration include oversight of the Army's most forward-leading ground vehicle programs, including autonomous and semi-autonomous driving technologies, power and mobility capability development, the breakthrough innovations in protecting the Army's ground vehicles, and upgraded electrification of these vehicles.
- May 21, 2020Division West officer and wife renew wedding vows at historic Quarters One on Rock Island Arsenal
- May 20, 2020USAG Bavaria MWR serves up socially distanced fun at the drive-in
- May 20, 2020JPEO-CBRND Works with Industry to Develop COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests
- May 19, 2020Picatinny welcomes new Commanding General, Brig. Gen. Vincent F. Malone II
- May 18, 2020Picatinny Arsenal welcomes Brig. Gen. Francis F. Malone II, says goodbye to Brig. Gen. Abramson
- May 16, 2020Mass. Guard members use civilian medical training in COVID-19
- May 14, 2020Dr. Myra S. Gray Biography
- May 13, 2020Essential to the effort: Quiet professionals serve meals to nation’s defenders
- May 13, 2020Fort Leonard Wood Soldiers, civilians describe their telework experience
- May 13, 2020Sergeant Major Roy W. Sullivan, Jr.
- May 13, 2020Patrick H. Mason, SES
- May 11, 2020New Jersey National Guard members help feed veterans
- May 7, 2020Library continues to serve, engage young readers