Shared Accord 19 Initial Planning Event Takes Off.
By Sgt. Jennifer GarzaMarch 11, 2019
KIGALI, Rwanda - Military planners from 19 nations gathered here Feb. 9 through Feb. 11 to begin the planning and preparation for the U.S. Army-led exercise, Shared Accord 2019, scheduled to take place in August.SA19 consists of a command post exercise, field training exercise and medical readiness exercise that brings together military partners from African nations, along with participants from the United States, the Netherlands, Canada, and Italy to exercise peacekeeping operations."Last year was a very positive experience for all countries involved, and that is evident this year as we have people clambering for positions and trying to get more troops involved," said U.S. Army Africa Col. Brian Elliott, senior U.S. representative. "Success will continue to build on success moving forward, and we will continue to improve these exercises by using lessons learned."This is the second Shared Accord exercise held in Rwanda and hosted by the Rwanda Defence Force. The scenario planned for the exercise reflects the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic."Last year's success at Shared Accord is clear to see by the diversity of the countries here that Shared Accord promotes partnership," said Zambia Defence Force Lt. Col. Audrey Mwila, staff officer grade one, training. "The more you interact with the other partner nations you bring something to the table you also take away a lot."Planners will continue to work together to finalize planning of the exercise during the main planning event and the final planning event.Mwila said "In the Army, we say 'the best way to prepare for war is to train,' so training for operations such as MINUSCA, you have troops who hit the ground running because they have better insight into what to expect. It helps develop lessons learned through the exercises opposed to the field."
- March 30, 2020Team provides combat support to Army Soldiers overseas
- March 27, 2020Message from Maj. Gen. Shapiro on COVID-19 at RIA
- March 25, 2020Army to help convert vacant buildings into hospitals as COVID-19 spreads
- March 24, 2020AMCOM G-6 shares network optimization tips for teleworkers
- March 23, 2020JMC’s Explosives Safety Site Plans SAVE LIVES!
- March 23, 2020Army to test new tech program at select schools
- March 20, 2020Silver Jackets help communities with emergency planning
- March 20, 2020Contract opportunities attract small business representatives
- March 20, 2020Fort Drum supports MD Guard with training due to COVID-19
- March 20, 20201st Cav Div Shares Helpful Sources on COVID-19
- March 20, 2020U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, CNMI sign agreement for Saipan Beach Road Storm Damage Reduction study
- March 20, 2020U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Guam sign feasibility cost-share agreement for Agana River study
- March 19, 2020DOD makes plans to combat coronavirus
- March 18, 2020Representatives briefed on rail operations plan
- March 18, 2020Security is vital to mission, requires teamwork
- March 2, 2020Cobra Gold: Partner nations practice noncombatant evacuation operations