US Army statement on military housing
By U.S. ArmyFebruary 13, 2019
We are deeply troubled by the recent reports highlighting the deficient conditions in some of our family housing. It is unacceptable for our families who sacrifice so much to have to endure these hardships in their own homes. Our most sacred obligation as Army leaders is to take care of our people - our Soldiers and our family members.
We are fully committed to providing a safe and secure environment on all of our installations. We have directed an Inspector General inspection and have taken other actions. We will hold our chain of command and private contractors accountable to ensure they are meeting their obligations to provide safe, high quality family housing.
- Secretary of the Army, Dr. Mark T. Esper and Chief of Staff of the Army, Gen. Mark A. Milley
- October 18, 2019Singular Army command opens new headquarters, dedicates memorial to mark 15th anniversary
- October 16, 2019Singular command moves into new headquarters, celebrates birthday
- October 10, 2019Inclement weather, safety procedures for USAG Ansbach
- October 9, 2019Friendly competition, driving safety focus of U.S. Army Aberdeen Test Center's Safe Driving Roadeo
- October 8, 2019The Corps' RAMS program helps restore land, keep people safe from abandoned mines
- October 8, 2019Camp Zama, SFHA residents can now use ICE to rate maintenance work satisfaction
- October 3, 2019Garrison water safe, tested throughout the year to ensure Soldier, family wellness
- October 2, 2019Groundbreaking ceremony marks next phase of $62M housing investment
- October 2, 2019October marks Domestic Violence Awareness Month at USAG Italy
- October 1, 2019Milley takes oath as 20th Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff
- September 30, 2019Moving America's ill and injured warfighters safely, securely, and soundly
- September 30, 2019Fort Detrick Housing: Efforts to Improve Mark One Year
- September 26, 2019Reserve brigade marks historic first with multi-state field training exercise
- September 24, 2019Hospital dedication ceremony marks a new era in healthcare at Camp Humphreys
- September 13, 2019MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Oktoberfest coming to Fort Knox Sept. 20
- September 12, 2019Do you stay within safe boundaries?