SGM Rollocks assumes role as Kenner's enlisted leader
By U.S. ArmyFebruary 1, 2019
Sgt. Maj. Joanne S. Rollocks became Kenner Army Health Clinic's senior enlisted leader at an assumption of responsibility ceremony Friday in Wylie Hall auditorium.
In her role as Kenner's CSM, Rollocks will be responsible for all enlisted training activities at the facility, carrying out the commander's policies, and setting and maintaining high quality standards for the organization.
The position had been vacant for five months after Sgt. Maj. George T. Harwick assumed the command sergeant major position at 188th Medical Battalion, San Antonio, Texas. In the interim, the Medical Company's senior noncommissioned officer, 1st Sgt. Susana Kitchen, served as acting sergeant major.
Lt. Col. Paul J. Kassebaum, KAHC commander, thanked Kitchen and Sgt. 1st Class James Daigle for providing quality leadership within the Kenner community during the transition period. In his remarks, he also noted how Rollocks has already made an impression on him.
"I like leaders who are fully committed to their unit," said Kassebaum. "I was happy when she told me one of her top priorities is taking care of the people."
Kassebaum also said that he plans to work closely with Rollocks to make sure Kenner Soldiers are trained on their warrior tasks and battle drills, and other technical skills, so they are ready to deploy if necessary. In addition, the team will continue to push patient satisfaction and access to higher care.
"Your combination of experience, values and people-first attitude make you a great fit for Kenner," he told Rollocks at the event. "I welcome you with open arms as we strive toward our vision of exceeding expectations as the DOD's premier system for health and readiness."
- October 16, 2020Senior leaders discuss housing reform, quality of life initiatives
- October 16, 2020Medical research director: Army ‘uniquely poised’ to battle global pandemic
- October 16, 2020Human testing for Army Medicine-led coronavirus vaccines in sight
- October 18, 2020Army National Guard continues vital national security role
- October 15, 2020Army leaders: Taking care of people will help take care of the force
- October 15, 2020SMA talks ‘This is My Squad’ with company-level leaders
- October 15, 2020Esper discusses new technologies designed to give warfighters the advantage
- October 15, 2020Army 3D printed holography device rapidly detects, characterizes aerosols
- October 14, 2020Leaders credit national framework for effective COVID-19 response
- October 14, 2020‘The time is now’ to transform the Army, says CSA
- October 14, 2020Army reform plan to improve manufacturing facility safety, flexibility
- October 6, 2020US Army Reserve Soldier from Puerto Rico makes history
- October 13, 2020Army secretary announces people as top priority