FORT KNOX, Ky. (Dec. 8, 2018) -- Ten college seniors from universities across the country have been selected by Cadet Command as the top Army Reserve Officer Training Corps cadets for its annual national order-of-merit list.
These cadets are scheduled to be commissioned in fiscal 2019.
Cadet Command annually rank-orders its ROTC seniors, with the top 20 percent earning the designation of Distinguished Military Graduate. This year there were 1,106 DMGs out of the 5,527 seniors on the order-of-merit list.
The order-of-merit list is compiled based on several criteria, including grade point average, strong performance on the Army Physical Fitness Test, college athletic participation, and performance during college ROTC training and Advanced Camp at Fort Knox, Kentucky.
The top-ranking Army ROTC cadets for fiscal 2019 are:
1. Alec Hoopes, Virginia Military Institute, Branching Medical Service Corps
2. Matthew Wilder, The Citadel, Branching Engineer Corps
3. Cameron Martinez, Saint Mary's University, Branching Finance Corps
4. Joseph Nelson, Ohio University, Branching Aviation
5. Marvin Heimer, Saint John's University, Branching Field Artillery
6. Brandon Rozanski, McDaniel College, Branching Medical Corps
7. Nicholas Vanslyke, Saint John's University, Branching Infantry
8. Christopher Selig, Virginia Tech, Branching Infantry
9. Gabrielle Mudd, Oregon State, Branching Military Intelligence
10. Ryan Kane, University of Central Missouri, Branching Quartermaster Corps