Fort Campbell WTB honors Soldier taken by cancer
By Maria YagerNovember 9, 2018
Soldiers, friends and family gathered at the Fort Campbell Warrior Transition Battalion Nov. 8 to dedicate a newly renovated multi-purpose room to a Soldier taken by cancer.
As a flight medic, Sgt. 1st Class Robert Minor, II, was dedicated to saving his fellow Soldiers lives.
WTB leaders chose to honor the Soldier, husband father and grandfather at the battalion.
"He was a terrific man and I just want to thank everybody," said Sara Minor, Sgt. 1st Class Minor's widow. "This is a true honor to keep his memory alive."
The room dedication included the unveiling of a plaque featuring a picture and biography of the 23-year Army veteran who passed in 2016 shortly before he was due to retire.
Minor served four combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, totaling 50 months overseas over the course of his career.
"With this room dedication his memory will live on. His plaque is out there so Soldier can see it. This is not multipurpose room one, it is the Sgt. 1st Class Minor Room," said Command Sgt. Maj. Kenneth Pelham, Fort Campbell WTB command sergeant major.
WTBs provide personalized support to wounded, ill and injured Soldiers who require at least six months of rehabilitative care and complex medical management.
- April 19, 201930th Medical Brigade hosts escape room challenge
- April 18, 2019The Heart of the Army: Fort Campbell Honors Top Volunteers
- April 18, 2019Fort Campbell's Culinary Arts Team participates in 44th annual culinary exercise
- April 17, 2019Department of the Army Civilian Police Fort Campbell Law Enforcement Professionals
- April 15, 2019Fort Campbell team wins 2019 'Best Ranger' title for second time
- April 11, 2019Fort Campbell team places first in 2019 Best Sapper Competition
- April 4, 2019Newest Fort Campbell's Air Assault School Graduates
- April 3, 2019PET WELLNESS: Heat injury prevention guidelines for working dogs, pets
- April 3, 2019101st Airborne Division: Battalion chaplain serves to impact world, comfort others
- April 3, 2019Fort Campbell begins Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month
- April 3, 2019Fort Campbell culinarian has layered experience during pastry chef exercise
- April 3, 2019163rd's 2nd Annual SWAT Challenge
- April 3, 20192-44 CALFEX showcases new C-RAM defense technology
- March 30, 2019Nashville District working to reassign Lock C to Fort Campbell
- March 28, 20193rd BRIGADE COMBAT TEAM: White Currahee spouses take on Soldier lifestyle with G.I. Jane Day
- March 28, 2019101st Airborne Division: Reserve, cadets participate in tactical combat physical training