'Walking for 6,769+' coming to post Sept. 24-28
By SHARPSeptember 14, 2018
The U.S. Army Garrison Fort Knox SHARP program is hosting "Walking for 6,769+" at the running track located behind Natcher Physical Fitness Center from Sept. 24 to 27, 6:30-8 a.m. and 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., as well as Sept. 28, 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
The event allows members of the Fort Knox community to walk or run laps in support of survivors of sexual assault. The cumulative number of laps walked by community members will equal 6,769, which is the total number of sexual assaults reported during fiscal 2017.
Participants may register in advance or on the day of the event. For more information, call (502) 624-3323.
- May 27, 2020Essential to the effort: Police officers remain vigilant as crime numbers drop due to COVID-19
- May 27, 2020Health experts: Pandemic could drive fearful, bored to dangerous coping mechanisms
- May 26, 2020Families remember loved ones buried at Fort Knox during Memorial Day open visitation
- May 26, 2020Fort Knox teachers thank parents for partnering with them to ‘finish the year well’
- May 26, 2020Army surgeon general commissions 130 new healthcare professionals
- May 26, 2020DA announces Fort Knox-related general officer promotions, assignments
- May 25, 2020Fort Knox senior leaders pay homage to fallen warriors on Memorial Day
- May 21, 2020Godman Army Airfield installs new state-of-the-art lighting on heels of need for modern wiring
- May 19, 2020Knox Hills delivers self-help response to residents needing routine maintenance
- May 16, 2020Class of 2020 celebrates May 15 graduation parade under overcast conditions
- May 15, 2020Fort Knox Middle High School baccalaureate celebrates graduates’ resilience amid COVID-19 restrictions
- May 14, 2020Cemeteries at Fort Knox open May 25 for annual Memorial Day visitation