Sustainers Take Flight
By Mr. Brent ThackerAugust 27, 2018
FORT KNOX, Ky. - Training Day! Over 100 1st Theater Sustainment Command (TSC) and 244th Expeditionary Combat Aviation Brigade Soldiers teamed up to conduct air medical evacuation (MEDEVAC) training, July 12. The 1st TSC Soldiers learned how to build and use a Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System (SINGCARS), evaluate a casualty, perform tactical care, request MEDEVAC support, and operate safely around aircraft. Afterwards, they boarded a HH-60M Hospital Blackhawk and the aviators trained on tactical aerial flight operations.
1st Lt. Matthew Stein, executive officer, headquarters and headquarters command, 1st Theater Sustainment Command, spoke about the excitement of refreshing medical evacuation skills learned in the past.
"The Soldiers are motivated to be out here," Stein said. "They are away from their desks and remembering their old school skills they learned in basic training and officer candidate school."
Sgt. Seth Damann, flight paramedic, 244th Aviation Brigade, spoke about the joint medical exercise with the 1st Theater Sustainment Command and the 244th.
"It was great motivation," Damann said. "It was great seeing Soldiers moving patients and interacting with the helicopter. We love being able to give back and interact with the ground forces."
Sgt. Justin Jones, human recourses plans and operations noncommissioned officer spoke about the importance of this joint exercise.
"This exercise helps get our Soldiers to assimilate war time training, getting them back to the traditions of the old Army, being mentally prepared to fight, Jones said."
- June 3, 20201st Cav. Div. arrives in Poland while adhering to stringent COVID countermeasures
- June 2, 202025th Sustainment Brigade holds ammunition training
- May 29, 2020New commander takes reins of 13th ESC
- May 28, 2020First DoD medical personnel licensed to practice in Kuwait
- May 28, 2020Engineering Acquisition
- May 27, 2020Class of 2020 starts returning to West Point for out-processing, graduation
- May 22, 20201st Medical Brigade leader recognized by Dental Corps
- May 22, 2020Sustaining operations during the COVID-19 pandemic
- May 21, 20208th TSC Memorial Day Message
- May 21, 202010th Sustainment Brigade Soldier inducted into SAMC
- May 21, 2020Quarterly visit puts virtual spotlight on ASC’s people and mission
- May 21, 2020Discover the fish of Fort Leonard Wood
- May 11, 2020The 311th ESC conducts its first Virtual Battle Assembly
- May 7, 2020SFABs look to grow force, expand missions around the world
- May 4, 20201st TSC Soldiers Complete Mission: Advise, Assist, and Enable Iraqi Security Force Logistics