Medical brigade gains new commander
By Sgt. 1st Class Miriam EspinozaJuly 12, 2018
The 62nd Medical Brigade welcomed a new commander during a change of command ceremony Wednesday, July 11, at Watkins Field on Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
The brigade, which is comprised of nearly 1,100 Soldiers, bid farewell to Col. Robert Forsten and welcomed Col. Laura M. Elliot during a ceremony where the unit showcased its Soldiers in formation.
"The simple yet symbolic ceremony that you witnesses represents much more than a change of responsibility between to colonels, it symbolizes the rich heritage of our great Army and it reaffirms the unique authority and responsibility vested by our Army and our great nation in a commander," said Brig. Gen. James S. Moore, 593rd Expeditionary Sustainment Command commander.
Forsten, who was commissioned in 1990 from Gannon University, served as the brigade commander for two years. During those two years, the brigade participated in numerous exercises, deployed several units to worldwide operations and was the spearhead for the Expert Field Medical Badge competitions on JBLM.
"My words do not and cannot describe how truly appreciative I feel for what this unit has done together," Forsten said. "As I stand in my final formation with you, I do so with a deep gratitude for the opportunity to soldier with you, it has been my highest professional honor."The incoming commander is a native of North Judson, Indiana, and has served in the military for more than 26 years."You are consummate professionals and leaders that should be very proud of what you have achieved under the leadership and vision of Colonel Forsten," Elliot said. "Over the next two years, we will continue to build on those achievements."
- November 20, 2020U.S. Army Europe and Africa Commands consolidate
- November 13, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Army Casualty Program
- October 15, 2020Army housing improves with continued investments
- September 1, 2020Army announcement on Fort Hood leadership
- August 21, 2020Army announces its service component command for U.S. Space Command
- May 12, 2020U.S. Army Cadet Command makes changes to summer training programs in response to COVID-19
- May 8, 2020Changes to the Army Talent Alignment Process 21-01 Winter Move Cycle
- March 31, 2020U.S. Army updates promotion and retention policies in response to COVID-19
- September 25, 2019Army announces proposed changes to eligibility criteria for burial at Arlington National Cemetery
- September 12, 2019CSM Michael Grinston selected as 16th Sergeant Major of the Army
- September 12, 2019September 2017 Nominative Sergeants Major Assignments
- September 12, 2019PCS Week offers info for a successful PCS move
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division deploy
- September 12, 2019Army Medical Command Releases First Ever Health Of The Force Report
- September 12, 2019TWO BRIGADES FROM 4TH INFANTRY DIVISION TO DEPLOY TO AFGHANISTAN