Medical brigade gains new commander
By Sgt. 1st Class Miriam EspinozaJuly 12, 2018
The 62nd Medical Brigade welcomed a new commander during a change of command ceremony Wednesday, July 11, at Watkins Field on Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
The brigade, which is comprised of nearly 1,100 Soldiers, bid farewell to Col. Robert Forsten and welcomed Col. Laura M. Elliot during a ceremony where the unit showcased its Soldiers in formation.
"The simple yet symbolic ceremony that you witnesses represents much more than a change of responsibility between to colonels, it symbolizes the rich heritage of our great Army and it reaffirms the unique authority and responsibility vested by our Army and our great nation in a commander," said Brig. Gen. James S. Moore, 593rd Expeditionary Sustainment Command commander.
Forsten, who was commissioned in 1990 from Gannon University, served as the brigade commander for two years. During those two years, the brigade participated in numerous exercises, deployed several units to worldwide operations and was the spearhead for the Expert Field Medical Badge competitions on JBLM.
"My words do not and cannot describe how truly appreciative I feel for what this unit has done together," Forsten said. "As I stand in my final formation with you, I do so with a deep gratitude for the opportunity to soldier with you, it has been my highest professional honor."The incoming commander is a native of North Judson, Indiana, and has served in the military for more than 26 years."You are consummate professionals and leaders that should be very proud of what you have achieved under the leadership and vision of Colonel Forsten," Elliot said. "Over the next two years, we will continue to build on those achievements."
- July 6, 20201st Space Brigade welcomes new commander
- July 2, 2020549th Hospital Center/Brian D. Allgood Army Community Hospital welcomes new commander
- July 2, 2020'Pacific Medics' welcome new commander
- July 1, 2020OPM-SANG welcomes new Program Manager
- July 1, 2020Cadet Command welcomes new Deputy Commanding Officer to leadership team
- June 30, 2020USASOAC welcomes new commander
- June 29, 2020Fort Rucker’s ATSCOM, 164th TAOG welcome new commander
- June 29, 2020Cook appointed to the Senior Executive Service as resource management assistant deputy chief of staff
- June 26, 2020Bayonet Brigade welcomes new commander
- June 26, 2020Adjutant General School welcomes new commandant
- June 26, 2020Four months in, CG leads with logic, transparency
- June 25, 20201st Engineer Brigade bids farewell to Korth, Ferguson, welcomes Law
- June 25, 2020Fort Leavenworth MEDDAC welcomes new commander
- June 23, 2020SDDC welcomes its 22nd commanding general
- June 23, 2020Wiesbaden Army Health Clinic welcomes new commander
- June 22, 2020Greywolf Brigade Changes Command