Rediscovering Fort Knox
By Matthew Rector, Environmental Management DivisionFebruary 1, 2018
By 1922 Camp Knox had become the second largest Army training center in the United States. In addition to being home to various units, the post served as a Reserve Officer Training Camp and a Citizens' Military Training Camp. That summer, however, the artillery officers' "basic school" at Camp Knox moved to Fort Sill, Oklahoma.
In July 1923, Army Chief of Staff General John J. Pershing inspected Camp Knox. While there, he and others took time for a photograph on the steps of the Officers' Club. Standing on the top row are Col. Rhodes and Maj. George C. Marshall, aide-de-camp to Pershing. On the bottom row are Maj. Gen. James H. McRae, commander of 5th Corps Area, Pershing, Brig. Gen. Dwight E. Aultman, commander of Camp Knox, and Col. Peter E. Traub, commanding officer of the CMTC at Camp Knox.
- March 8, 2018Army officer combines confidence, humility, initiative as she makes her dreams a reality
- March 6, 2018Camp Ripley balances cultural preservation with military mission
- March 6, 2018Seizing the day: Army Guardsmen enhance their urban terrain combat skills in complex exercise
- February 28, 2018Perspective, tenacity mark Soldier's career
- February 26, 2018Under Secretary of the Army McCarthy shares leadership lessons with officers at Fort Leavenworth
- February 23, 2018Army officer gunning for 2nd Olympic bobsled medal
- February 16, 2018Louisville USL soccer team coming to Fort Knox
- February 16, 2018'Fight for the right to fight'-- Black history at Fort Knox, U.S. Army, Fort Knox helped pave the wa
- February 16, 2018Fort Knox community encouraged to take advantage of Military Saves Week
- February 16, 2018Rediscovering Fort Knox: 1927: Army officer with installation namesake commands Knox ROTC
- February 16, 2018Commemorating WWII heroes in Belgium
- February 15, 2018British exchange officer fills key role supporting Fires training
- February 15, 201879th Infantry Brigade Combat Team trains for Kosovo mission with Task Force Warhawg
- February 14, 2018The Cal Guard's 79th IBCT Trains for Kosovo Mission at Camp McGregor, N.M., with Task Force Warhawg
- February 14, 2018Historian Max Boot talks 20th century intelligence officer Edward Lansdale with MCoE students
- February 13, 2018Army general officer: 'Future Army leader will be a woman.'