Rediscovering Fort Knox
By Matthew Rector, Environmental Management DivisionFebruary 1, 2018
By 1922 Camp Knox had become the second largest Army training center in the United States. In addition to being home to various units, the post served as a Reserve Officer Training Camp and a Citizens' Military Training Camp. That summer, however, the artillery officers' "basic school" at Camp Knox moved to Fort Sill, Oklahoma.
In July 1923, Army Chief of Staff General John J. Pershing inspected Camp Knox. While there, he and others took time for a photograph on the steps of the Officers' Club. Standing on the top row are Col. Rhodes and Maj. George C. Marshall, aide-de-camp to Pershing. On the bottom row are Maj. Gen. James H. McRae, commander of 5th Corps Area, Pershing, Brig. Gen. Dwight E. Aultman, commander of Camp Knox, and Col. Peter E. Traub, commanding officer of the CMTC at Camp Knox.
- December 6, 2018FORT KNOX TO CONDUCT 21-GUN AND 50-GUN SALUTES DEC. 6
- December 4, 2018Fort Knox law enforcement officials: 'Speeding is the biggest problem we have on post'
- December 4, 2018Fort Knox business hours adjusted for National Day of Mourning
- December 4, 2018Fort Knox Gyms change hours to suite demand
- December 4, 2018Fort Knox Installation Ammunition Amnesty Day date has changed
- December 4, 2018Fort Knox to welcome new high school principal
- November 30, 2018VA to break new ground on Fort Knox clinic
- November 30, 2018Soldier voluntarily teach English and learn Japanese: win-win opportunity
- November 29, 2018Soldier-athletes begin All Army Hockey trial camp at Fort Drum
- November 28, 2018Watt's up with those orange electrical outlets
- November 26, 2018Fort Knox November retirement ceremony set for the 30th
- November 20, 20182ID Begins Anew on Camp Humphreys
- November 18, 2018Camp Humphreys Information Survey
- November 18, 2018Welcome to Camp Humphreys, South Korea
- November 9, 2018New Camp Humphreys Main Post Office to open Nov. 13